SKRC D20W quadcopter troubleshooting guide
By Zim Watson 2017-05-18 1114 1
|The captured image/video is gray.|
|All the rotors can spin, but the drone cannot lift off.|
|The flying time is too short.|
The captured image/video is gray.
● Firstly, make sure you have correctly connected the SKRC D20W quadcopter to the GX_UFO app on your phone. If not, you cannot see any real-time image captured by the drone camera on the app interface.
● If you can see the image, but they are all in gray color, check whether the camera cable is well connected to the drone. If the contact is poor, the image quality will be affected, which may cause this problem. Simply re-connect them again.
● Once the connection is well made, but the image is still in gray, the only possible reason is the camera's image processor or other related component has some problems. Please contact the after-sale service for help.
All the rotors can spin, but the drone cannot lift off.
● The quadcopter's battery may be going to run out. So, though the rotors are spinning, it has no enough power to lift off. Simply charge the battery with its original USB cable.
In charging Finish charging
● If the battery factor is eliminated, the other possibility is - the propellers of the quadcopter are installed in wrong locations. Look at each propeller, there is a marked A or B on its back, please refer to the below picture to install the same letter propeller to the diagonal location.
● If the propellers are installed correctly and the battery has been charged for a long time, but the drone cannot lift off as well, please use an electric voltage test pen to check the battery's voltage before and after a charge. If the voltage has no changes or only increases a little, it means the battery is damaged. Please contact the after-sales service to ask whether you can get an original one.
The flying time is too short.
In another word, this question can be translated as the battery consumes too fast.
The general flying time of this JSKRC D20W quadcopter with a fully charged battery is 8 to 15 minutes. But how long it exactly can fly is depending on how you play with this toy. If you play with it with difficult movements and skills, sure the battery will consume faster than the general condition, therefore, the flying time will be shorter than the general condition.
● Firstly, make sure you have fully charged it. Please charge it until the cable's red indicator light extinguishes, the battery is full. If you only charge it for a short time after it drains, sure the battery can only save a little power inside, and can only support the quadcopter flying for a short time.
● If you haven't flight it with complicated skills or movements, but the flying time is still short like only 4 to 5 minutes, the battery has some problems. You can use an electric voltage test pen to test the battery's voltage before and after a long time charge, if the voltage has no changes or only increase a little, the battery is damaged. You can change a new battery for this drone.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to connect SKRC D20W quadcopter to phone|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the SKRC D20W 2.4G 4 channel 6-axis gyro quadcopter from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
2017-02-14By Zim Watson
2019-08-13By Joe Horner