Solutions for Anet A8 3D printer temperature problems
The post is aimed to solve Anet A8's temperature issue. If the screen shows you "def" temp, extruder not heating up or hotbed temperature doesn't rise, just continue reading this guide!
1. Anet A8 LCD display shows temperature is "def".
Step 1. Click Reset.
The temp will turn to def in a second after clicking Reset. As image show above, the extruder temp is -50.9 means thermistor cannot detect temp.
Step 2. Change wires of E_T and B_T port and click Reset.
● If step 1 & 2 both show abnormal extruder temp, you need to replace extruder thermistor.
● If step 1 & 2 both show abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace hotbed thermistor.
● If step 1 shows abnormal extruder temp while step 2 shows abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace the mainboard.
● If step 2 shows abnormal extruder temp while step 1 shows abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace the mainboard.
2. Anet A8 printer's extruder temp doesn't rise.
Please check the mainboard and screen:
● Click Quick Settings - Preheat PLA on screen, then "Preheat PLA" will appear.
● If the D5 indicator doesn't light on, you need to replace the mainboard.
● If D5 indicator lights on, please check End port connection. If it connects well, you need to replace extruder heating pipe.
3. The hotbed not heating up/getting hot enough.
Please check screen operation and hotbed connection:
● Screen operation: Quick Settings - Preheat PLA.
● Check D4 indicator. If it doesn't light on, you need to replace a mainboard; if it lights on, please check BE4 port connection. If no connection problem, you need to replace a hotbed.
For GearBest customers: If you purchased the Anet 3D printer from our GearBest website and still have problems on Anet A8 after reading this handy guide, please contact our Support Center for further help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Solve Anet A8 3D printer black screen & white square problems|
|Fix Anet A8 3D printer motor & limited switch issues|
|How to DIY the Anet A8 3D Prusa i3 printer|
1 / 0
2017-12-09 By Adeline Belluz
2017-11-24 By Adeline Belluz
2017-11-11 By GB Blog Official
You might also like:
2017-06-20 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson