Solutions for Anet A8 3D printer temperature problems
By GB Blog Official 2017-11-01 20410 3
1. Anet A8 LCD display shows temperature is "def".
Step 1. Click Reset.
The temp will turn to def in a second after clicking Reset. As image show above, the extruder temp is -50.9 means thermistor cannot detect temp.
Step 2. Change wires of E_T and B_T port and click Reset.
● If step 1 & 2 both show abnormal extruder temp, you need to replace extruder thermistor.
● If step 1 & 2 both show abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace hotbed thermistor.
● If step 1 shows abnormal extruder temp while step 2 shows abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace the mainboard.
● If step 2 shows abnormal extruder temp while step 1 shows abnormal hotbed temp, you need to replace the mainboard.
2. Anet A8 printer's extruder temp doesn't rise.
Please check the mainboard and screen:
● Click Quick Settings - Preheat PLA on screen, then "Preheat PLA" will appear.
● If the D5 indicator doesn't light on, you need to replace the mainboard.
● If D5 indicator lights on, please check End port connection. If it connects well, you need to replace extruder heating pipe.
3. The hotbed not heating up/getting hot enough.
Please check screen operation and hotbed connection:
● Screen operation: Quick Settings - Preheat PLA.
● Check D4 indicator. If it doesn't light on, you need to replace a mainboard; if it lights on, please check BE4 port connection. If no connection problem, you need to replace a hotbed.
For GearBest customers: If you purchased the Anet 3D printer from our GearBest website and still have problems on Anet A8 after reading this handy guide, please contact our Support Center for further help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Solve Anet A8 3D printer black screen & white square problems|
|Fix Anet A8 3D printer motor & limited switch issues|
|How to DIY the Anet A8 3D Prusa i3 printer|
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2019-03-25By Oleg Romanenko
2017-02-14By Zim Watson
2019-04-03By Linky Johnson
2018-07-03By Zim Watson
2019-04-04By Matthieu Andre