Solutions for Elephone P9000 phablet common issues
Troubleshoot Elephone P9000 phablet common issues - apps fault, screen and display, camera, GPS navigation, calling and audio, SIM/SD Card, network and signal, charge, reboot and dead, Bluetooth pairing, and other functional issues. All the solutions/methods we offer here are proven effective.
The Elephone P9000 phablet is undoubtedly one of our most popular mobile phones, delivering superior performance together with exquisite craftsmanship and affordable price. But while customers love it, you may encounter some common problems regarding this smartphone. Let's take a closer look at these problems together with their solutions. Hope you can find the satisfied answer to your phone issues here.
● There might be the problematic or incompatible apps. Just uninstall them and try to download other apps.
● You haven't opened the permission of this app, go to Settings - Security - Trust the unknown source.
● This also could be system fault, you can upgrade to the latest version system firmware by OTA function.
● The missing files or unsuccessful install apps could lead to this issue. Please simply uninstall and re-install them.
● It also might be that you lock the phone, so that the app cannot be used. If you have set the password of PIN, enter that can unlock the phone.
● If the above solutions are useless, reset the phone to the factory default in the state of power off.
(a). Hold and press the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
(b). When an Android Image displays on the screen, press the Power button to enter Recovery Mode.
(c). In order to choose "wipe data/factory reset", using the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm.
(d). Then select "Yes -- delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.
(e). To restart the phone, select "reboot system now". Press the Power button to confirm.
● The internal storage is full, please clean up the caches or uninstall some App that you may not use.
● You might put the WhatsApp on the blacklist accidentally, go to Setting - Background task clear - White list, and tick the option of WhatsApp.
Screen & Display Issues
● Some personalized settings might upset the system and damage some functions like the touch screen. You need to restore factory settings for a recovery.
● If the problem cannot be resolved, it would be broken circuits or loose components, take it to a repairing shop to check or contact after-sales service for help.
There are multiple reasons cause this problem like battery drain, ROM-flash bugs, application compatibility, etc. You can try these solutions:
● Have you rooted or flashed your phone? The ROM in this Elephone P9000 is the stable version flashed by the supplier. If you flash with other version ROM, there may appear language missing or other faults. When the black screen is caused by your own rooting or flashing operation, the phone's maintenance is not under warranty, repair it by yourself.
● Connect the phone with original charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery. Then check it if the phone can boot after charging for 30 minutes.
● Change another effective USB cable or power charger to charge for a while. Then try to boot the phone.
● Try to reset factory settings to see if the app compatibility problem. Hold and press the Power button and Volume "-" key to enter the Recovery Mode, choose and confirm "double wipe", that is, Wipe Data / Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition, then reboot the system by clicking "Reboot System Now".
● Still not helping, please flash the system firmware by click this link.
● The above methods are invalid, contact the after-service and send it back to the factory for a check and repair.
● First of all, try to turn off and reboot the phone to see if the problem is fixed.
● If the the issue persists, you might drop the phone and tear the screen ribbon cable. We suggest to change other screen in local repair shop or contact after-sale service for help.
Try to power off the phone, then turn it on to check whether the problem is solved. Because sometimes system errors may cause this issue. If it doesn't work, try to do as follows:
● Enter the Settings - About - Software information and then click 5 times on Build number to open developer options. If you have already turned on the developer options, then it becomes simple: Settings - Developer options, then deactivate the Auto brightness options, and Restart the smartphone.
● May be the system problem, you can click here to flash system.
● Otherwise, try to restore factory settings for recovery.
● If the above fixes do not work, the screen might be damaged. Please contact aftersales service for further help.
● Make sure whether you have rooted your phone before. If you have, delete the root software or remove root permission.
● Some system reading errors may cause this problem. Just power off your phone and reboot.
● The cache or memory is not enough. Clear the data in SD card, or change a larger capacity SD card in your phone. Turn off the background software running on your phone, for they occupy much of the memory.
● Installation error of some camera apps or there is something wrong in the process of upgrading. Both errors can make the camera become unusable, then just uninstall the problematic camera apps.
● Something may go wrong with the camera. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● The system read errors, please turn off the phone and boot again.
● Too many caches or lack of memory, so clean caches or try to replace a larger storage SD card.
● The issue might be caused by incompatible or buggy camera apps; find and uninstall them, especially if they have been recently added.
● Run too many programs and lack of storage. Please do not use a lot of applications at the same time and develop a habit of routinely cleaning the phone contents.
● The camera sets wrong, try to restore factory settings: Camera - Camera mode - Restore Defaults.
● There might be a system fault, upgrade the firmware to resolve it: About - Software Upgrade.
● This issue might be caused by the system fault. Upgrade the firmware to resolve it: About - Software Upgrade.
● There could be software conflicts, try to restore the phone to its factory settings. Warning: backup your important data before the reset, as it will be wiped during the process.
Firstly, do you shoot beyond the focus range? It might have resulted from the inability to focus and become blurred. You can come closer or farther distance to adjust the focus range. And do you move intermediately after shooting? The jitter might lead to fuzzy photos, so please wait for a while after pressing the shutter.
If the camera still persists issue, try the following:
● Check whether there is substance in the lens or not, if so, go to repair shop for help.
● Uninstall the recently download apps like mobile theme or adjust the screen brightness.
● If this does not resolve the issue, restore the phone to its factory settings.
● The insulation may result in abnormal image issue, so check if it is torn off or not.
● Carefully wipe the camera lens to clear any obstructions around the lens and try again.
● Download other camera apps to see if it results from a faulty camera.
● Set the white balance to the white incandescent lamp, lower the contrast, and increase the saturation in case this issue is because of incorrect color-ratio.
● If you can operate, enter the Camera - Photo mode - Settings - Restore factory settings; If not, go Application Manager - Camera - Clear Data - Reset to defaults.
● If the above solutions cannot resolve the issue, please contact aftersales for technical support.
This could be either a software or hardware issue, so try the following fixes:
● Check whether there are too many junk files, a large cache, or redundant files on the phone - these all can contribute to slowing down the system speed. You will need to clean them up and try again.
● Do you use the built-in camera? If not, that might be incompatible apps. It is normal to use included camera.
● As a last resort, try to update to the latest version of the system firmware by click here.
● Please make sure you are in an open area outside. Use the GPS in a more open area outside with clear sky visibility. Being inside vehicles or buildings may interfere with the GPS signal. When you first use the GPS function, try to obtain a signal while static, before using it while in motion. If this is the first time you have used your phone's GPS, it may take a little longer to locate a satellite, please be patient.
● If the GPS is unable to work outdoors, then the GPS module may be faulty. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
In general, GPS cannot be 100% accurate every time. The accuracy is related to the specific navigation software used, the satellite signal, and other conditions – but generally not the phone itself.
● Try to install a more accurate navigation app and use it in an open area outside with clear visibility.
● Flash the firmware casually could be a cause, too, if you did flash by yourself, you can try to re-flash the official ROM firmware.
Calling and Audio Issues
Firstly, do you tear off the factory film of the phone? If not, tear off it because you barely can hear the sound if the film remains there. Do you wear the earphone but you forget it? If so, please use the earphone or take off the pair to communicate. If the problem continues, try the following solutions:
● It can be the result of poor signal, so move to open areas where has a good signal, then the phone will call normally.
● Turn up the volume by pressing the volume up button when answering a phone call.
● Call other people in your contacts. If you can hear the sound, that it is your friends' phone problem.
● There might be a system issue, use the OTA function to upgrade or flash firmware.
● If the speaker is faulty, backup your important data and restore the phone to its factory settings.
● If there is still no sound, your phone may need to be professionally repaired. Our after-sales service can arrange this on your behalf.
● The earphones might be incompatible with the smartphone. Try using another pair.
● The device is affected by strong magnetic fields, try to remove potential sources of interference.
● The speaker is defective and in need of repair, please contact the aftersales for further support.
● Maybe the power charger's plug is oxidized after the long time using. Use an eraser to clean.
● Check all the connectors for visible signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any residue and try to charge the phone again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol (ethanol) and carefully wipe the port clean. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge the phone using the original USB charger to ensure the input and output power values do not affect the charging.
● If the phone still cannot charge, press the phone's power button three times and then hold the power button it down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains AC. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then try booting the phone again.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. Go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
The effective electricity that charges into the battery only occupies half of the total amount because the other half part is transforming as heat energy. It's a common physical reaction.
● Once the phone is fully charged, but you don't pull it out from the charger. All the electric power will all transform to heat energy, sure the phone will become hot.
● Do not play the phone while charging, it will release abundant heat. Also, stop over-charging the phone, which will damage the battery.
● The most terrible situation is that the battery is damaged or aged. When the heat is extremely high and expanded, please stop charging it immediately and leave it away! Wait until it cools down and take it to a local phone fixing store to check and exchange the battery (replaceable battery phone).
● If the battery is swollen and hot while charging, the device is faulty. Please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● You may have opened too many background apps and functions. To decrease the power consumption, turn off unnecessary apps, processes and functions, e.g. Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
● Higher screen brightness can also consume more power. Adjust the brightness to a moderate level to reduce the power draw.
● The battery could also be suffering from the "memory effect". At its boot state, fully charge the battery and remove the phone from the charger. Then fully discharge/drain the battery. Repeat this procedure three times. Next, reboot the phone into Recovery mode: long press the power button and volume up button together. Choose these options: "Recovery - advanced - wipe battery status".
● If none of the methods work, it's most likely a battery fault. Please contact the aftersales service for more help or return it back the factory to check and repair.
● Many apps still run in the background even you quit them. They will consume your phone battery to drag your power charging speed. Shut off these programs / applications when charging such as WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
● Do not play big online games / listen to music / watch movies while charging. They are not only will slow down the charging speed and may shorten the battery's lifespan.
● The power charger is not an appropriate one. The different power charger has distinct input / output current or voltage, so make sure to the original charger and USB cable to charge it.
● The problem still persists when using an original USB cable and charger. Check whether one of them fails or not. Change another compatible USB cable or charger that has larger output current should be helpful.
● The Elephone P9000 battery is Li-ion battery. Do not re-charge when the it is completely out of juice. If you always drain the battery, making the phone automatically power off, the battery will be damaged and the lifespan will be shortened too.
SIM Card/SD Card Issues
● Ensure the SIM card is placed securely and correctly into the card slot.
● Maybe the SIM card has a poor contact, just power off and remove the SIM card. Clean the chip in SIM card with an eraser.
● The Elephone P9000 phablet is a dual SIM dual standby phone. Check whether the SIM card is activated. If not, enter the phone's "Setting - SIM Cards Setting - SIM 1 (UIM1) / SIM 2 - Activate" and tick this option.
● The read-card module fails. Back up your data in the phone, including contacts, messages, photos, etc. And restore to the factory settings in "Setting - additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset".
● Once all the above solutions are ruled out, the card slot may be damaged, just return it back to the factory to check and repair.
● Firstly, check whether the phone supports this SIM card's network frequency band. If not, you have to change to an appropriate SIM card. The Elephone P9000 supports FDD-LTE + WCDMA + GSM network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
● If it can read the SIM card, but doesn't have signal, please move to an open area outside to see whether the phone can receive the signal.
● If you have paid your service fee, please contact the SIM card operator to ask the reason.
● Sometimes the network operator will make some adjustments to the signal or fix some signal errors, which may affect your phone receiving the signal normally. Just wait for some time and try again.
● May be a setting issue, please reset them to their factory default.
● Insert to the other device to determine if the SD card slot is broken like poor contacts. If broken, replace with a new card.
● Something is wrong with the read card module, please format the phone after backup important data.
● Flash the ROM firmware incompletely, re-flash the phone with the official file, click here to get.
Network & Signal
● First of all, you should activate the SIM card and use network traffic. If so, these cellular data network can be used normally.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone to another phone to find out if the card faulty. Please consult the local mobile business hall, then dial the SIM card operator to reset number signal.
● Make sure your phone's network frequency is compatible with both the local overlay network and the SIM card's carrier network, otherwise your phone will not receive the network signal.
● Power off and reboot to have a try if the above ways do not work. Perhaps the network signal is not smooth at that moment.
● If the method is still invalid, restore to the factory settings by pressing the power button and volume up button simultaneously.
● Once all above solutions are useless, the most possible reason should be the hardware problem, like the mainboard, antenna, network module, etc. It is advised to have a post-sales service for a repair.
● May be the network card is slow, shutdown your phone and pull out the SIM card. Then try again after wait for a while.
● Replace with another SIM card to test whether it is this card problem. And check if the phone is in arrears or not. If not, the card is aged and need a new one.
● The problem remains unsolved, backup the important data and restore the factory settings or even contact the aftersales support center for help.
The system firmware is faulty, flash the phone with the official firmware. Still not solved, please contact aftersales to see if it needs to be returned to the factory for repair.
● Examine whether the battery is loose, if so, pad a piece of paper cushioning behind the battery, thus solving the problem of poor contact between the battery and the phone's mainboard.
● There is something wrong with the apps you install on your phone, find out the problematic app and uninstall it, or just format the storage card.
● Some installed applications are not compatible with your phone operating system. Two ways here for you to check where the problem lies in:
(1). Restore the factory defaults without installing any software and observe for a while. If it still auto reboots, there might be something wrong with hardware instead of software. Contact the after-sales service for a repair.
(2). Flash the ROM found at this link to check whether it is the problem of hardware or software.
● It goes wrong with the phone's setting, so restore Elephone P9000 to its factory settings.
● Should problems exist, they are most likely due to a hardware issue. Please contact our aftersales service and we'll get you back on track.
● The battery is drained. Charge the phone with original charger for half an hour. Then, long press the power button to boot the device.
● Try to download the ROM file here and flash the phone.
● If the above methods fail. The hardware (ribbon wire, output display circuit or motherboard) might be damaged, please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● During the boot sequence, the OS is loading system files and also applying any updates (esp. following a firmware upgrade), and these steps can result in the slow running of the phone. Please be patient and wait for another 5 - 10 minutes.
● If the phone is still unresponsive, long press the power button for approximately 10 seconds to force the phone to reboot.
● If the phone still cannot boot correctly, the phone battery could be completely drained. Try connecting the phone to the original charger that came supplied with the phone, then charge the device for at least 10 minutes and then try to boot again.
● The program is in the process to identify the system files, may need a little longer (5 - 10 minutes) to power it on completely. Please be patient.
● If not, go to the official website to download the ROM file and flash the device for recovery. If you do not know how to flash, please copy the file to a large storage SD card and ask the professional for help.
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, there may be an underlying hardware fault. Please contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
Other Functional Issues
● Examine the interfaces: USB port, USB cable pin and earphone port carefully to see if there are foreign objects. Clean them and try again.
● May be the incompatibility of the USB cable or earphone interface, change another one to have a try.
● If the above methods fail, please take it to the local fixing shop to check and repair.
● Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. You should see the little Bluetooth symbol at the top of your phone's screen. If you don't, go into the settings to enable it.
● Make sure the two devices are in close enough proximity to one another.
● First, go into your phone's settings and tap on Bluetooth. Turn on the Discoverable mode, making the phone visible to the other device. Then, do the same operation to the device that you want to pair, like smartphone, car, headphone, etc.
● If still not working, try to reboot the device to solve the problem.
● Pair the other equipment to check whether it is the phone issue or not.
● Or click here to flash the ROM firmware for recovery.
● Once the above methods are invalid, it might be the hardware problem, the phone may need to return and repair.
P9000 is equipped with NFC function which is a wireless connection technology, providing easy, safe and rapid communication. However, it is only can be used after you download and install an NFC reader. You can download a reputable app on Google Play Store.
● Switch your handset off for 30 seconds and boot it again to ensure your device is performing optimally. Try sending another MMS to yourself.
● If you've exceeded your handset's limit, you won't be able to send/receive further SMS/MMS. Delete as many old or unnecessary SMS/MMS as you can, then attempt to send your message again.
● Reset your network connection to the factory settings and then restart the phone.
● As a last resort, set a new APN, and the detailed methods need to consult the customer service of your provider.
We hope this post has been useful in getting the most out of your Elephone P9000 4G phablet. If you require further technical assistance about an issue that we did not cover, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our support staff will deal with your query as soon as possible.
1 day ago By GB Blog Official
0 minutes ago By Sophia Windsor
2017-08-05 By GB Blog Official
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
Prev article: NO.1 D5+ 3G Smartwatch Phone troubleshooting
Next article: Xiaomi Mi4 Smartphone: Your Doubts & Questions answered
You might also like:
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson