Solutions for Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone issues
By GB Blog Official 2017-03-15 6958 3
Boot issues: cannot boot / freeze in the boot interface
● Open the battery cover and make sure there are no dirt in the battery contact and mainboard contact. Reinstall the battery well and boot the phone.
● Connect and charge the phone with original charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for half an hour and then boot the phone again.
● Restore to the factory settings. At its power off state, long press the power button and volume up button together to enter the Recovery mode, choose "Restore to the factory settings" option with volume button, and confirm it with the power button.
● Change another effective USB cable or power charger. Charge the phone for a while and try to boot the phone.
● If all the solutions do not work, it will be the problem of the USB connector, mainboard, or battery. Contact the post-sales services for a repair or fix it in local repair shops around.
● The battery of Mi5 is completely out of juice. Connect to the original USB cable and power charger. Charge the phone for 10 minutes, then force a boot.
● Restore to the factory settings. Long press volume up button and power button at the same time to enter the Recovery mode and double wipe your phone: wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
● If neither of the above solutions is effective, there might be a hardware problem. Contact the post-sales services for a repair.
Screen issues: black screen / insensitive
● Reboot the handset by holding the power button for 8 - 10 seconds to see if it can boot normally.
● Remove both the SD card and SIM card, carefully wiping the metal connector. Replace them and boot the phone again.
● If the screen is still black, use the original charger to charge for more than 10 minutes.
● Restore the phone's factory settings. At its power off state, long press the power button and volume plus button together to enter the Recovery mode, choose "Restore to the factory settings" option with volume button, and confirm it with the power button.
● If none of the methods work, please contact our aftersales support for advice.
● Do you use Xiaomi Mi5 with less sensitive during the charging? If so, please just cut off the power and stop charging, then the screen will be normal. The charging current can affect the sensitivity.
● Or do you drop Xiaomi Mi5 to the land or hit a thump by accident? If so, the electrical circuit may be broken, go to have it repaired or replace other screen.
● Check if there is too much junk file which can slow down the system speed and sensitivity. Do remember to clean your phone system at regular time by using third-party software.
● Once it is the internal failure, restore to the factory settings.
● Or this indicates a faulty screen, please contact the after-sales service for further assistance.
Reboot & Fingerprint & Charge issues
● There is something wrong with the apps you install on your phone. Find out the problematic app and uninstall it, or just format the storage card.
● Some installed applications are not compatible with your phone operating system. Restore the factory settings without installing any software and observe for a while. If it still auto reboots, there might be something wrong with hardware instead of software. Please contact the after-sales support center for technical assistance; it is recommended to download apps in formal app market, like Google Play Store, etc. It will not occur the problem of application conflicts.
● Something goes wrong with the phone's setting. Restore the phone to its factory settings.
● Keep your fingers clean. For if your fingers are wet or dirty, the touch sensor cannot figure out the fingerprint. Please dry your finger before registering your fingerprints.
● Try to register different fingers, if one of your fingerprints cannot be recognized easily, you can change another one.
● If the above situations are ruled out, try to reset Mi5 in "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset". Do remember to back up your useful data in advance.
● Once all the solution are invalid, there may be something wrong with the touch sensor. Take it to a local phone fixing store to check and repair. Or contact the after-sales service to send it to the factory for a repair.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then boot the phone again.
● Check all the connectors for signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any visible residue and try to charge again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol and carefully wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge the phone with the original USB charger, as using a different one may have the wrong input and output power causing a charge failure.
● If it still fails to charge, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
System issues: ROM version / Google apps / OTA / language
● The ROM is China stable version of MIUI 7 and supports upgrade to MIUI 8.
● Warm prompt: upgrading or flashing your phone may result in language missing (only English and Chinese). Therefore, think twice before you upgrade your phone.
The phone only pre-installs the Google architecture, without any other Google apps. And it supports Play Store.
No, it doesn't.
Indonesian, Malay, German, English, Spanish, French, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Czech, Russian, Hindi, Thai, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Korean, Simplified / Traditional Chinese as the screenshots.
If you require any help regarding Xiaomi Mi 5, just leave messages on our dedicated Support Center, and our support staff will deal with them as soon as possible.
|You may also want to read:|
|How does Xiaomi Mi 6 splash resistance work?|
|How to find the IMEI number of Xiaomi smartphone|
|What's new features of MIUI 9 and how to update your Xiaomi phones?|
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2017-02-13By Zim Watson
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Handy guide to fix all UMI TOUCH smartphone issues
Next article:PPTV 7 Smartphone fixing guide