Solutions for Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro common issues
By GB Blog Official 2017-03-14 2315 1
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro is undoubtedly one of our most popular mobile phones, delivering affordable power together with Xiaomi's premium style. But while customers love it, you may encounter some common problems regarding Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. Let's take a closer look at these problems together with their solutions.
This problem is usually software-based. Try uninstalling the Google app and downloading and installing the latest version to check whether it works.
● Firstly, uninstall all Google-related apps.
● Check the phone's settings, and check whether you have set permissions correctly for Google apps, e.g. contacts, phone, etc. Generally speaking, you should grant permission for all Google-related apps.
● Download and install the Google Play Service and Google Service Framework on to your phone.
● Finally, download and install the Google Play Store app from Google Play Service.
● Open the contacts on your phone. Tap the menu button to choose the Google account option.
● Sign in to your Google account. Press the Setting icon and ensure the "Auto-update apps" option is activated.
Common Boot Issues
Don't worry, just follow these steps to regain access:
● Long press the volume up button and power button together to boot into recovery mode and double wipe your phone: (a) wipe data/factory reset and (b) wipe cache partition.
● Or flash your phone's official firmware using the following link.
Charging & Fingerprint Unlock Issues
● Check all the connectors for signs of oxidation. Carefully remove any visible residue and try to charge again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol and carefully wipe the port. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge the phone with the original USB charger, as using a different one may have the wrong input and output power causing a charge failure.
● If it still fails to charge, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for some time and then boot the phone again.
● If none of the above solutions are successful, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● Make sure the screen is bright enough and your fingertip fully covers the sensor.
● Please ensure the fingertip is dry and clean to allow the reader to scan it correctly. For best results, the scan should be conducted in a normal temperature environment.
● Register more fingers, and try to unlock using different fingers; one of the original scans might be unclear.
● If the above situations do not resolve the issue, try to reset your phone in Settings - Additional settings - Backup & Reset - Factory data reset. Please remember to back up important data first.
● If none of these solutions work, it points to a potential component issue, e.g. broken sensor. You can go to a local repair store to fix the phone or contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
The version sold by GearBest is the Kenzo version (the Chinese version) while the Kate version is the international release.
● The initial iteration of the Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro had MIUI 7 version preinstalled, however this later changed to MIUI 8.
● The specific firmware version is determined by the product you received.
No, it is unofficial.
|You may also want to read:|
|9 easy ways to master your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Phablet troubleshooting|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro FAQ -- features, tips and tricks (1)|
We hope this guide has helped you get the most out of your Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. If you have encountered other issues not covered in the guide, feel free to contact our Support Center to submit a help ticket. Thanks for reading!
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2018-08-27By Steve Lowry
2017-02-14By Zim Watson
2018-08-29By Steve Lowry
2017-04-20By Zim Watson
2018-09-13By Steve Lowry
Prev article:Vernee Thor 4G Smartphone troubleshooting guide
Next article:Handy guide to fix all UMI TOUCH smartphone issues