Troubleshoot JJRC H20 hexacopter battery & charging issues
By Zim Watson 2017-05-18 6992 1
|The battery cannot be charged.|
|The battery is fully charged, but the hexacopter cannot power on.|
|The battery consumes very fast.|
The battery cannot be charged.
When you insert the hexacopter's USB cable into a USB port without the battery, the USB cable indicator will light with red color. And once you connect the battery to the cable, the indicator will extinguish. It means when the battery is being charged, the indicator won't light. Some users may misunderstand this phenomenon as the battery cannot be charged or the USB cable is broken. Only when it's fully charged, the red indicator will light again.
● The very first thing you need to do is to check whether you have connected the battery and the USB cable well, whether the contact points are connected firmly. Try to connect the two things again.
● Once the connection issue is eliminated, it's time to judge whether the battery could really be charged or not. You can use an electric voltage test pen to test the battery's voltage before and after a charge. If the voltage increases, it means both the battery and the USB cable are fine, and the battery can be charged.
● If the voltage has no changes, it means the battery or the USB cable is broken. Refer to the general charging condition we mentioned above, check whether the USB cable's indicator lights or not when being inserted into the USB port. If yes, the USB cable is fine, the battery is broken. If not, the USB cable is broken.
● Alternatively, there is another possibility - the USB port may be broken. Simply change another USB port to check whether the USB cable indicator could light, if yes, the former USB port is truly damaged.
● Also, you can check whether the battery becomes swollen. If yes, the battery is damaged and should be exchanged. Do not charge it anymore due to the potential dangers such as an explosion.
The battery is fully charged, but the hexacopter cannot power on.
● Check whether you have connected the battery cable to the hexacopter power contact well. Simply try to connect them firmly.
● Do not remember to move the hexacopter's power switch to the ON status. Many users may not notice that there is a power switch on this toy.
● Please use an electric voltage test pen to test the battery's voltage to know whether it's really been fully charged or not. If the battery is fully charged, the voltage should be about 4.2V. If the result is far away from this number, please charge it again for more time. If the result is over 4.2V, the battery is overcharged and is broken. You need to change a new battery.
● If all above reasons are excluded, the last reason should be the circuit board has something wrong. You can remove the hexacopter case to check the cables or the circuit board contacts are fine or not. Do not fix it yourself! Take it to an RC toy fixing center to check and repair.
The battery consumes very fast.
The general flying time of this JJRC H20 hexacopter with a fully charged battery is 5 to 6 minutes. But how long it exactly can fly is depending on how you play with this toy. If you play with it with difficult movements and skills, sure the battery will consume faster than the general condition.
● Firstly, make sure you have fully charged it. Please charge it until the cable's red indicator light lights, the battery is full. If you only charge it for a short time after it drains, sure the battery can only save a little power inside, and can only support the hexacopter flying for a short time.
● If you haven't flight it with complicated skills or movements, but the battery consumes still fast, the battery has some problems. You can use an electric voltage test pen to test the battery's voltage before and after a full charge, if the voltage has no changes or it is not about 4.3V, the battery is damaged. The normal voltage range of this battery is between 2.5V to 4.3V. You can change a new battery for this hexacopter.
1. Please charge the battery with its original USB cable to a USB port. Do not charge it with a power charger on a socket. Otherwise, the battery is easy to be damaged.
2. When the battery drains, if it's heated, do not charge it immediately. Wait for half or one hour until it cools down, then you can charge it.
3. Do not charge it for a long time. When the USB cable's indicator light lights, stop charging it. If you continue to charge it, the battery will be overcharged and the lifespan will be shortened.
4. Do not charge the battery too frequently, otherwise, the lifespan will be shortened.
5. Do not place the battery at any high temperature or humid environment.
|You may also want to read:|
|Solve JJRC H20 hexacopter rotor flying & motor issues|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the JJRC H20 hexacopter from us, but the guide doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2020-12-01By Cheryl Evans
2019-08-27By Joe Horner
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Troubleshoot top 10 DZ09D smart watch phone issues
Next article:SKRC D20W quadcopter troubleshooting guide