Troubleshoot the GW01 smartwatch common issues
As one of our bestselling smartwatch, the GW01 is the perfect blend of functionality and affordability. Our comprehensive guide will provide step-by-step troubleshooting of the most commonly reported issues.
Everything from changing the UI language, charging, heart rate measuring, and starting up. So keep calm, you will fix your GW01 smartwatch without further ado – just follow this guide.
You can set your desired language in the watch settings: "设置 - 多语言环境 - 语言" / Settings - International - Language - Select wanted language.
The GW01 smartwatch supports a total of 11 languages - English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, so simply find your desired language.
In addition, if the "Auto Sync" is on, the language cannot be shifted. So turn off the "Auto Sync" at first if you want to change the UI language.
Is there a charging issue at the first charge? If yes, be patient to give a full charge (about 3 hours) by using the original USB and adapter. And then press the power button to open the smartwatch. If not, follow these steps below:
● Try to plug and unplug the fitness tracker from your computer's USB port several times if it doesn't start charging within 10 seconds. If that fails, let it sit for a couple of hours and see if it starts charging.
● There is some dirt (some cannot be seen with naked eyes) in both USB cable contacts and band sensor pins which can pass the electricity. Using your shirt or cotton swab to clean it up. Just make sure everything is clean.
● The USB cable and sensor contacts may have been oxidized, carefully use a blade or Q-tip with some anhydrous alcohol to clean them before trying again.
● If none of the above work, that could be the battery problem, please contact our dedicated aftersales service.
● If it is the first charge, plug it into the outlet with original USB and adapter and fully charge the smartwatch (about 3 hours). Then press the power button to try.
● If the fitness watch leaves unused for a long time, the battery may start low voltage protection automatically. It is better consulting to local repair store to disassemble and revive the battery.
● The USB cable and adapter contacts may have been oxidized, carefully use a blade or Q-tip with some anhydrous alcohol to clean them before trying again.
● If the GW01 still cannot be powered on with good contacts and fully charge. That could be a battery fault, contact our support center for further help.
● Firstly, make sure you are using the heart rate test correctly. Wear the smart watch on your wrist with the underside sensor touching the skin; Then open the measuring on FunDo SmartDevice app for Android device / Mediatek SmartDevice app for iOS device; Fasten the watch above your wrist and keep stay for a few seconds while measuring because it is a static measurement.
● If the above step does not fix the issue, turn off the GW01 smartwatch and try again.
● None of them work, the heart rate monitor probably has developed a fault, please contact our aftersales service for further assistance.
Note: In general, the smart watch heart rate monitor is using optical sensors, through the LEDs to light up the capillaries on the wrist and monitor the speed of blood flow to get the bpm beat per minute. However, the optical sensor will be affected by light, skin sweating, and others easily, so there will be a certain deviation.
Yes, it does. In addition, supports notifications from Twitter, WhatsApp, Wechat, etc.
The GW01 is rated IP53. That means it can proof spraying water while washing hands and will not affect the normal use in your daily life. However, the IP ratings for liquid protection are not cumulative beyond IPX6, please take off the watch before showering, bathing, swimming, and more.
For Gearbest users who require aftersales assistance for the GW01 smartwatch or any of our other products, please contact our dedicated Support Center. Just complete the ticket details and send it to us, we will deal with your support issue as soon as possible. We're always here to help.
2017-09-01 By Sophia Windsor
2017-08-31 By Sophia Windsor
2017-08-19 By Sophia Windsor
2017-06-26 By Zim Watson
Next article: Troubleshoot all SMA - BAND fitness tracker issues
You might also like:
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-04-17 By Zim Watson