Troubleshoot the top 10 GV18 Aplus smartwatch phone issues
By GB Blog Official 2017-03-20 1893 1
As one of the true MVP smart products available from GearBest, the GV18 Aplus Smartwatch Phone has sold thousands of units thanks to its combination of powerful specs and great functions including NFC, camera, sleep monitor, sedentary reminder, and anti-theft. However, based on some of their feedback, some problems may occur during daily use. We've listened and we're ready to help you resolve the most common issues.
● Connect and charge the phone using its original charger. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let the phone charge for 10 minutes before rebooting the device.
● To rule out the possibility of defective peripherals, change to another USB cable and/or power charger. Charge the smartwatch phone for half an hour and then try to boot it.
● If it's the first time you've charged the GV18 Aplus, please charge using a high-power mains wall socket for at least 3 hours, then try to boot the phone.
● Should the above solutions not resolve the boot problem, the most likely cause is either the battery or the phone's internal hardware. Please contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and repair, or take the smartwatch to a local tech repair store.
● Please check whether the smartwatch phone supports the SIM card's network frequency band. GV18 is only designed to work with GSM networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
● Ensure the SIM card is inserted securely and correctly into the card slot.
● The SIM card may need to be cleaned. Just power off the phone, take out the SIM card, and gently clean the chip in the SIM card.
● Remove the SIM card from the phone and insert it in another phone. Check whether the SIM card is faulty or not. If it still cannot be recognized in another phone, the SIM card will need to be replaced by the service provider.
● If the SIM card can be detected by another phone, the SIM card slot of your primary phone may be damaged. Just arrange a product return for a factory repair.
● Check your phone's OS and Bluetooth versions, check to see whether they meet the minimum requirements of the watch. This watch is compatible with all Android OS devices, and the Bluetooth version should not be lower than V3.0.
● If the devices are compatible, but they cannot pair over Bluetooth, check whether you have activated the Bluetooth feature on both your phone and the watch.
● Check whether there are simply too many Bluetooth connections / pair records. If so, remove and forget the connection. Then search for the watch again and connect with it.
● Check whether the smart watch battery is fully charged, low power can cause Bluetooth connection failures.
● Make sure you do not interrupt the Bluetooth connection by using too many Bluetooth devices at the same time, e.g. headsets, keyboards, or speakers. Similarly, if there are too many actions, e.g. transferring files, these can also increase the chances of disconnecting the Bluetooth connection.
● The maximum Bluetooth transmission range is approximately 30 feet (10 meters) with obstacles also able to affect and disrupt the signal strength. Ensure your phone and watch phone are within range of each other with as few obstacles as possible.
● Turn off the phone's Bluetooth and then reactivate it to retry. Alternatively, reboot your phone.
● Try to connect the watch with another phone to check whether the Bluetooth connection is working. If it still cannot connect, it indicates either a watch component fault, or an individual quality issue. Contact our aftersales service for further technical assistance.
It supports 16 different languages: English, French, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Malaysia, Indonesian, Dutch, Thai, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew and Greek. The screenshot is as follow:
The GV18 Aplus smartwatch phone is a feature phone with no system, and therefore does not support firmware updates.
Yes, the smart device can connect to both a phone and a Bluetooth headset. It supports the Bluetooth V3.0 standard.
No, this is not possible.
Yes, you can still use the smartwatch without a SIM card. It’s possible to make a call with the device.
The battery can last between one to two years with normal use. It can last between 5-6 hours in standby mode each day.
No, it is not waterproof. To avoid damage, please do not expose it to water.
Click the link to visit the English user manual.
GearBest customers can access our aftersales service center here. For further questions and help with the bestselling GV18 Aplus smartwatch phone, simply navigate to the page and fill in your ticket information before submitting it. We will deal with your issues as soon as we receive them.
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2018-08-28By Steve Lowry
2017-02-14By Zim Watson
2018-09-04By Steve Lowry
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2018-09-10By Steve Lowry