Troubleshoot Xiaomi Philips eyecare lamp 2 problems
Xiaomi Philips eyecare lamp cannot connect to WIFI? The indicator doesn't light? Cannot adjust the brightness? And other issues? Read this troubleshooting guide.
When you connect the Xiaomi Philips eyecare smart lamp to the phone, it actually needs four parties to work together - the phone, the lamp, the WIFI router, and the cloud server. So it's a complicated procedure, therefore, when the connection times out or the connection fails, the reasons are multiple, but the main reasons should be:
● The internet/network is poor.
● The phone is not compatible with the lamp.
● The WIFI router is not compatible with the lamp.
● The conversation (data exchange) among the lamp, the phone and the cloud server is poor.
● The WIFI router password is incorrect.
The solutions are:
(1). Check your phone OS and the WIFI router's signal frequency. This lamp only supports the iOS and the Android operating system, it's not compatible with Windows system. And it only works on 2.4G WIFI signal, the 5G signal is not compatible.
(2). Check whether you input the correct WIFI password. Connect your phone to the WIFI signal, input the password, check whether the password is correct. If not, and you forget the password, please reset the WIFI router to set a new password.
(3). When the password is correct and your phone has connected to the network, use your phone to download a song or a video from the internet to check the internet speed/condition. If the internet is poor, please disconnect other devices which connect to the WIFI to release the internet pressure.
(4). If the ways are useless, please try to reset the lamp: Long press the power button for 5 seconds, until the indicator becomes yellow and flashes. Open the Mi Home app and follow the guide to connect the app to the lamp again.
● Both the phone and the lamp need to connect to an internet available WIFI network.
● The Xiaomi Philips eyecare smart lamp 2 only supports to connect to the 2.4G WIFI signal, the 5G signal is not compatible.
● The name of the WIFI router/SSID should not contain any Chinese character.
● The lamp is only compatible with the Android and iOS operating system phone.
● When the WIFI router security level is high, the strip connection may be restricted, simply set the security level lower. After the connection is made, you can set the security level back to the high status.
● The lamp only can connect to the WPA 2 WIFI network. Please set your WIFI router encryption mode as WPA 2.
● Check whether the charger is well connected to the power source.
● Maybe the power source has something wrong, try to plug the lamp to another power source.
● Long press the power button for 5 seconds to reset the lamp and check whether the indicator lights or not.
● If all these ways make no sense, the most possible reason is that the lamp is broken. If it's a new one, that must be a product quality issue. For both conditions, please contact the after-sales service for help or exchange the product.
● Make sure the lamp or the power source voltage is stable. If the lamp light always flashes, the voltage is not stable, please plug it into another power source to check whether the light becomes normal. If not, please contact the electric department for help.
● When the voltage is stable, if the brightness touch button doesn't work, try to connect the lamp to your phone. Check whether the brightness can be adjusted or not through the Mi Home app. If yes, the touch button has something wrong. If no, the lamp may have something wrong. For both conditions, please contact the after-sales service for help.
Yes, you can. The power button is the main control button of the light, when you press it, you can turn on the main light, and if you long pressing it for 5 second, the lamp will be reset. When you press the second button, the background light can be powered on.
|You may also want to read:|
|How to connect Xiaomi Philips eyecare smart lamp 2 to phone|
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the Xiaomi Philips eyecare smart lamp 2 from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2017-07-11 By Zim Watson
2017-07-03 By Zim Watson
2017-06-29 By Zim Watson
2017-06-24 By Zim Watson
Prev article: All you need to know about your fidget spinner bearings
Next article: Fix I5 Plus smart watch charging & screen issues
You might also like:
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson
2017-04-17 By Zim Watson