Troubleshooting: Xiaomi Yi action camera connection failure with your phone
If you own a Xiaomi Yi Action Cam and fail to connect with your smartphone. You may feel that you have lost half of its value. But why this happens and how to solve it?
As one of the best sellers of Xiaomi Yi product line and also MVP on Gearbest, Xiaomi Yi action camera owns so many good feedbacks with high cost performance and good quality. But for many reasons like misuse of the device and mobile App, some people may have problem in WiFi connection, which in most cases can be solved by few simple steps. But before we came to a conclusion, we should first check the status of smartphone, camera and also the router.
Check your smartphone and mobile APP
1. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Yi Action Camera App. You can do it in the App or scan the QR code below:
2. The APP support only one camera, please check if the App is already connected to another camera before.
3. For Samsung smartphones, please disable the function "smart network switch" if applicable.
4. For Nexus 6 smartphone, please disable the function "WiFi frequency band" if applicable.
5. Disable any VPN connection in your phone settings.
6. Check if there is any mobile safety App sin your phone, uninstall them if possible.
7. Enable permissions of the App for access GPS information and Internet connection in your phone settings.
Check the status of the action camera
1. Check if the WiFi LED light next to the WiFi button is on and blinking.
2. Make sure you have long press the WiFi button.
Short pressing WiFi button can lead to connection problems. Before any other operation, press the button on the front of the camera and wait for at least 10 seconds. Long press the WiFi button on the side of the cam, the blue LED light will start flashing and you will be able to connect it to your smartphone (if the blue light is always on, not flashing, the camera is in Bluetooth pairing mode).
3. Make sure your camera has upgraded to latest firmware. You can find the firmware here: XiaoYi Offical Site
Check the WiFi environment
1. Check if the valid WiFi password is used. The default password is 1234567890.
2. Make sure the camera is not too far from your mobile phone.
3. Make sure there is no other 2.4GHz devices and signals.
Tried everything but still failed to connect?
In this case, you may have to reset your device and restart your smartphone and wireless router. By pressing the Power and WiFi button at the same time, you can reset the device. As soon the camera is reset, try to connect it to your phone again. You can follow the steps below to do the reset.
1. Make sure you already took out your Micro SD card to avoid data loss.
2. Turn on Xiaomi cam and wait for the power button light to stop blinking.
3. Press both power and WiFi button at the same time for at least 5 seconds to reset, wait until you hear 5 times beep and the camera will shut down automatically.
4. Put back on your Micro SD card and turn on your action cam. Enable WiFi and wait for 5 seconds until the blue light starts blinking again.
5. Try to connect your action cam to your smartphone.
WiFi connection is fine, but the APP cannot find the camera
App may need an upgrade, please update your Xiaomi Yi app to the latest version and reconnect with the device. If it still cannot find your action camera, the camera will enter "Adding QR code" mode. If the problem persists, you can try to turn off the app, reset your router, and reconnect.
What to do if it fails after click "connect" in app?
Make sure to have the latest version of Yi action camera firmware. If not, you can update it through App or website. After that, reset the cam and follow the connection instructions to reconnect.
Some of these pictures are selected from the network, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about them.
1 / 0
2017-09-11 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-06 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-04 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: The hidden pros and cons of wireless charging
You might also like:
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson
2017-02-14 By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson