Ultimate Guide | Troubleshoot the Ulefone Power smartphone
By GB Blog Official 2017-03-04 12481 1
Recently our Gearbest blog contacted our aftersales support center, specifically to ask about the bestselling Ulefone Power smartphone. This allowed us to compile a comprehensive guide featuring the most frequently asked questions, literally from hundreds of customers, along with our answers: it covers broad topics ranging from rooting, battery, sound, screen display, and more. So let's kick off our monster guide right now!
Screen & Display issues
● Please ensure that all areas of the screen are clean as this can affect the touch recognition. Use a damp cloth and wipe dry.
● The problem can be triggered by software/hardware issues in specific situations, e.g. during phone charging. Try rebooting your phone and seeing if the problem is resolved.
● In extreme cases, you can perform a factory reset. Enter the phone's Settings interface -- Backup & reset, choose Factory data reset -- RESET PHONE. After the reset, test whether the touch screen works.
● If the above methods cannot resolve this matter, the most likely cause is an internal hardware fault. Please contact the aftersales service to arrange a product return and professional factory repair. If that's not possible, please take the Ulefone Power to a local repair store.
The white spots may be due to a problem caused by the screen manufacturer. If there are less than 3 spots, it's within the international scope, and will not affect the phone's normal use. However, if there are an excessive number of spots, please contact the aftersales service for either a product exchange or refund.
Simply reboot the phone to check whether the problem is due to system errors. Once this reason has been excluded, aside from a damaged screen, one other potential cause is a faulty flexible flat cable. If the cable is faulty, then it can be resolved fairly easily in any phone repair store. If the cause is not clear, we suggest contacting the aftersales service for professional support.
This can occur when the screen isn't situated and aligned correctly with the screen frame edge.
Try rebooting your phone to see whether the display is defective; if the screen still shows white lines, this reason can be eliminated. In this situation, contact the aftersales service directly for further assistance.
This is a screen quality issue, contact the aftersales service directly to arrange an exchange or refund.
The screen must be defective. Please take a picture or record video showing the problem, and send it to our aftersales support center, explaining the matter clearly.
● Check whether your finger are clean and dry when touching the buttons, any kind of residue can affect the input recognition.
● Wipe the buttons with a clean cloth to remove any dirt or debris that may influence the button's capacitive reaction.
● If these two methods cannot resolve the problem, please contact the aftersales service team and arrange a professional return and repair.
This could be a simple problem but may also point to a more serious, underlying problem.
● The battery power has run out, simply charging the phone will be sufficient.
Looking deeper, a system error or hardware fault may be responsible. Go through the following steps:
● Long press the power button for 8-10 seconds to check whether the phone can be powered on.
● Charge the phone for at least 10 minutes with the original USB charger, then try powering it on.
● Remove the SD card, SIM card and battery from the phone, and carefully wipe the connector pins clean. Reinsert the battery and try to power on the device. If you can, long press the phone's Volume + button and Power button together to enter the phone's Safe mode. Press Volume+ button to select the Normal Boot option and press Volume- button to confirm and boot the phone. Then uninstall recently installed applications until your phone can reboot as normal.
● Or long press and hold the Volume- and Power button to enter the phone's Factory mode, and use the Volume- button to choose the Reboot option and press the Power button to confirm this decision.
● If this doesn't work, you can try to flash the phone's firmware: enter the Ulefone official website and follow the flash guide there. Here's the link. However we do not suggest flashing the ROM yourself, a better way is to contact the aftersales service for support as flashing a ROM can invalidate the phone's warranty and may also cause more problems.
Sorry. The original replacement screen of the Ulefone Power phone is currently not available on Gearbest now. However we can contact the Ulefone supplier on your behalf and ask whether they can offer this service to you.
● This may be due to a software or system error, please try rebooting your phone.
● If the problem persists, enter the phone's Settings interface -- Backup & reset, choose Factory data reset -- RESET PHONE – select ERASE EVERYTHING and retry. Please do remember to back up your personal data before the reset, as it will be removed permanently.
● If these two methods do not resolve the issue, the most likely reason is a faulty display cable. Contact the aftersales service for professional help.
Has your phone been dropped on the floor before? If yes, the flashing may be caused by bad contacts with the LCD hardware, loose hardware, or a faulty LED screen IC chip. The issue cannot be resolved without professional help, so please contact our aftersales service.
If the screen or other components need to be exchanged, the phone will need to be sent to the manufacturer; you may be required to cover some of the component cost and a one way return shipping fee.
● Reboot your phone, check whether the screen is usable. If it does however the screen becomes frozen later or is always frozen at a specific app, this points to an app compatibility issue. Uninstall recently installed application.
● If your phone can reboot but freezes immediately after startup, please reboot it by long pressing the phone Volume+ button and Power button together to enter the phone's Safe mode. Press the Volume+ button to select the Normal Boot option and press Volume - button to confirm and reboot the phone. Uninstall recently installed applications until your phone is able to reboot as normal.
● Should the previous methods not resolve the issue, please get in touch with the aftersales service for further assistance. The phone may need to be returned to the factory for a professional repair.
This suggests some kind of system error is present.
Simply reboot your phone; if the phone cannot be powered off, forcibly shut it down by long pressing the phone's Power button together with the Volume + button.
If the problem repeatedly occurs, a software compatibility issue may be to blame. Try uninstalling recently installed apps to test whether the phone works normally again.
Flashing the phone's firmware is an option, however it requires some technical knowledge if you don't want to return the phone for repair. Enter Ulefone's official website and you will find a flashing guide and the corresponding firmware file on its firmware flash page. Follow the instructions on the guide.
Confirm whether the noise is from the actual audio output or not. Some additional audio may have been mixed with the noise when it was recorded.
If the audio file is not the root cause, the phone speaker may have developed a problem. We advise you to contact our aftersales center and describe the specific issue to them. They will help you to resolve the problem.
There are three possible causes for this particular phenomenon:
● Distortion can be caused by strong magnets near the speaker, due to the effect on the local magnetic field, disrupting the sound wave dispersion.
● There may be some kind of OS error with the phone, try to reboot / reset the phone.
● If the sound output is still not correct, the phone speaker is most likely defective in some way. Contact the aftersales service for additional help and, if required, a professional repair service.
● Check whether your phone is in Silent mode, change it back to the General mode.
● Turn up the volume to maximum. There are individual volume settings for different aspects, e.g. phone calls, media, alarm, notifications, etc. Sometimes the volume setting is simply too low.
● Change to another audio file / music track and play it, maybe the audio source is responsible.
● Check whether there are any obstacles or obstructions near the phone speaker that prevent the sound from being broadcast clearly.
If all the steps are still unable to solve this issue, the speaker is most likely broken. A phone speaker can normally be fixed at most phone repair stores, alternatively contact the aftersales support to arrange a product return to install a replacement speaker.
● In this situation, first check whether your phone is actually in Silent mode, change it back to General mode. (Enter Settings -- Sound & notification)
● Other possible issues including: certain apps, system errors, compatibility issues, or malware and viruses. As a rule of thumb, it's a good habit to routinely scan your phone with a reputable security app to deal with minimize the threats. Reboot your phone to see whether the audio now works.
● If the speaker has been used excessively to regularly play loud music at the highest volume, the speaker may have become damaged. In this situation, take your Ulefone Power to a phone repair store.
● But if you want to change and replace the original phone speaker for your Ulefone Power, you can submit a request with the aftersales support service.
● Confirm your earphone works by connecting it to another device to test it.
● Remove and reinsert the earphone, checking whether the connection is good and tight.
● Make sure the phone speakers have not been muted, turn up the volume. Similarly, check whether your earphone also has a volume controller – if it does, turn it up.
● The earphone port may have debris that’s affecting the connection between the earphone and the phone. Use a cotton swab with anhydrous alcohol to carefully clean the port. Then reinsert the earphone and try again.
● The amount of junk files and cache can affect the phone's running memory, reducing the system performance and impeding the speaker. So use your phone's maintenance program/app to regularly clean the useless stuff. Or close rarely used background apps.
● System error or application incompatibility is one of the most common reasons. Simply reset your phone. But do remember to back up your data to your SD card or another external location first.
● If none of the above solutions work, then a speaker component or sound card is broken; bring it to a phone repair store or arrange for a product return via the aftersales center.
Other issues: boot / SIM card / power off / fingerprint
● Check whether the SD card is seated correctly in the card slot. Remove the SD card from the slot and then try reinserting it, making sure the card is firmly seated in the slot.
● The SD card may be faulty. Try a different SD card and put it in the phone, testing whether it can be detected. If it cannot, there may be something wrong with the card slot. Take the phone to a repair store or contact our aftersales service for help.
● Ensure the SIM card is placed securely and correctly into the card slot.
● Read the phone's user manual to make sure whether your SIM card is supported by the phone:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
If the SIM card is supported, the slot may actually be damaged; if it's not supported, try with a suitable SIM card.
● When the phone's battery has run out of power, it will automatically power off. Please charge the phone using its original USB charger. If this is not the cause of the issue, try the following solutions:
● If this problem only occurs after you installed or use specific apps, it may be causing a system issue. When you power on the phone, uninstall the app as soon as possible.
● If you cannot figure out the reason, perform a factory reset to remove all programs and data on the phone. Copy and any important data to your PC and transfer it back to the phone afterwards.
● If you cannot enter the phone in the power off state:
(1). Long press the phone's power button and Volume- button together to enter its Factory mode, and use the Volume- button and choose the Reboot option. Press the Power button to confirm your selection.
(2). If the phone still does not power on, go back into the Factory mode and choose Clean eMCC option. Then press the Power button to confirm your selection to reset your phone.
● Flashing the phone's firmware is an option, however it requires some technical knowledge if you don't want to return the phone for repair. Enter Ulefone's official website and you will find a flashing guide and the corresponding firmware file on its firmware flash page. Follow the instructions on the guide.
● If none of the above work, it's time to contact the aftersales service as the underlying problem may require a product repair by the manufacturer.
You'll need to record your fingerprint first to activate the feature.
● Check whether your finger is wet and the sensor is clean; ensure your fingers are clean, dry and registered correctly, and wipe the sensor surface with a clean cloth.
● Delete the previous fingerprint sample and record it again. Try to use an angle when recording the fingerprint that allows for the sensor to recognize the fingerprint easily.
● If the phone cannot record your fingerprint, please reset your phone. Still not work? You can try to flash the phone's firmware: enter the Ulefone official website and follow the flash guide there. Here's the link.
● As a last resort, contact the after-sales service for further help.
|You may also want to read:|
|Ulefone power not working? Try this!|
|Ask Before You Buy | Ulefone Power Smartphone|
Gearbest aftersales center: Support Center.
For Gearbest customers: if the above solutions are still not able to resolve your issues, please contact us via ticket to the Support center. Once our staff have received it, we will deal with it as soon as possible. We are always here to help you.
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2019-11-14By Sophia Windsor
2017-02-18By Zim Watson
2019-11-28By Sophia Windsor
2017-05-12By Linky Johnson
2019-11-13By Adan Flannigan
Next article:Ask Before You Buy | Ulefone Power Smartphone