Vernee Thor 4G Smartphone troubleshooting guide
This passage covers many issues of reboot or dead, GPS, touch screen and screen, audio, network, and the camera which you may encounter of the Vernee Thor 4G smartphone.
As one of our bestselling phones, the Vernee Thor 4G Smartphone is the perfect blend of power and affordability. Our comprehensive guide will provide step-by-step walkthrough of the most commonly reported problems. Everything from reboot or dead issues, GPS problems, and much more. So keep calm, you won't need Mjolnir to fix your phone – just follow this guide.
Reboot / Dead Issues
The issue might be caused by incompatible or buggy apps; find and uninstall them, especially if they have been recently added, or (as a last resort) reformat the memory card.
● Your Vernee Thor cannot support audio output or identify the SD card after a system update.
There may be a conflict either between different apps or between software and hardware. Restore the phone to its original factory settings without installing any additional applications, or flash the Official Stock ROM and firmware found at this link.
Should problems exist, they are most likely due to a hardware issue. Please contact our aftersales service and we'll get you back on track.
● It may be a settings issue: please reset them to their factory default.
We suggest unplugging the USB cable and waiting for a while. Then connect the phone using the original charger for a 10-minute charge. Long press the power button to force boot the device.
● If you have not upgraded the device, long pressing the power button should resolve the issue.
● If the issue occurred after upgrading, remove the external storage card and long press the power button.
Power off the phone and then hold and press the volume+ and power buttons simultaneously to reboot to phone recovery. Choose the option to restore the factory settings.
● Please make sure you are in an open area outside. Use the GPS in a more open area outside with clear sky visibility. Being inside vehicles or buildings may interfere with the GPS signal. When you first use the GPS function, try to obtain a signal while static, before using it while in motion. If this is the first time you have used your phone's GPS, it may take a little longer to locate a satellite, please be patient.
● If the GPS is unable to work outdoors, then the GPS module may be faulty. Contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
In general, GPS cannot be 100% accurate every time. The accuracy is related to the specific navigation software used, the satellite signal, and other conditions – but generally not the phone itself. Try to install a more accurate navigation app and use it in an open area outside with clear visibility.
Touch Screen Issues
Clear any obstructions around the phone's proximity sensor (located next to the front camera) and calibrate the sensor in the Settings - Developer options. If this method does not work, the phone may need to be repaired professionally.
Firstly, make sure the fingerprints are correct: try different fingers in case one of the prints was recorded incorrectly. Also, ensure your finger clean with no residue. If the problem continues, the finger sensor may be faulty, please contact our aftersales support center.
Do you find the Vernee Thor 4G smartphone to be less sensitive during charging? If so, please refrain from charging, and the responsiveness will return to normal again. The charging current can have an impact on sensitivity. If the phone was dropped or damaged, the electrical circuitry may be damaged and you'll have to go to a repair store or replace the screen display.
If these steps do not fix the issue, try the following:
● Check whether there are too many junk files, a large cache, or redundant files on the phone - these can all contribute to slowing down the system speed and make the touchscreen less responsive. You will need a third-party app to clean up your phone.
● Try to reboot the phone or restore it to factory settings for recovery.
● The screen may be damaged, please contact the aftersales service for further assistance.
● Upgrade to the latest version of the system firmware. Older versions were occasionally affected by this problem. Click here to upgrade.
● Restore the phone to its factory settings after backing up any important data.
● The problem might be a damaged proximity sensor, install a third-party proximity sensor app to test whether it is functioning correctly.
This could be either a software or hardware issue, so try the following fixes:
● Update to the latest version of the system firmware.
● If the firmware update does not fix the problem, restore the phone to its factory settings.
● As a last resort, contact our aftersales service to determine if a product return and repair is required.
● First of all, has the phone been damaged recently? In general, a gray screen would indicate some kind of breakage following a fall.
● Check if the phone is the process of being upgraded. If so, this can require up to an hour before the system interface becomes usable and responsive.
● Hold and long press the power button for 8 - 10 seconds to power off the phone, then restart it.
● Power off the phone and then hold and press the volume+ and power buttons simultaneously to reboot to phone recovery. Choose the option to restore the factory settings.
Reboot the handset by holding the power button for 8 - 10 seconds to see if it can be powered on normally. If not, try the following steps:
● Remove both the SD card and SIM card, carefully wiping the metal connector. Replace them and boot the phone again.
● If the screen is still blank, use the original charger to charge for at least 10 minutes.
● If it can boot to the logo, press the power button and volume+ keys simultaneously to reboot into recovery mode and restore factory settings.
● If none of the methods work, please contact our aftersales support for advice.
● The earphones might be incompatible with the smartphone. Try using another pair.
● The device is affected by strong magnetic fields, try to remove potential sources of interference.
● The speaker is defective and in need of repair, please contact the aftersales for further support.
Don't worry. First, try adjusting the volume with the volume keys on the standby screen to check if the device is in silent mode. If the volume problem still persists, follow these steps:
● Determine if the problem is hardware-related or software-related: play another audio track to see if the problem persists. Also try a different audio or multimedia app for audio playback.
● If the speaker is faulty, backup your important data and restore the phone to its factory settings.
● If there is still no sound, your phone may need to be professionally repaired. Our after-sales service can arrange this on your behalf.
Plug the earphone into another smartphone or MP3 player to check if the issue is caused by the earphone or the mobile phone itself.
(a) If the problem is caused by the earphones, try the following methods:
● There may be oxidization on the pin, carefully remove any residue from it.
● If the volume problem still persists, the earphone is probably damaged. You will need to return it for repair.
(b) If the problem is caused by the smartphone:
● Check whether the media volume and phone volumes have been adjusted correctly, use different apps to play the music, and increase the volume.
● The phone jack may have been oxidized, carefully use a cotton swab (with some anhydrous alcohol) and carefully clean the phone jack before trying again.
● As a last resort, backup all your essential files and then reset the phone or restore the factory settings.
Network & Camera Issues
(a) Are you using a new SIM card?
If you are using a new SIM card, we recommend these solutions:
● First of all, you should activate the SIM card and use network traffic.
● Insert the SIM card in another phone to determine if the SIM card itself is faulty. For assistance, you can contact the service provider.
● Verify that the specific network/carrier frequency is compatible with the phone.
(b) What if I'm using an old SIM card?
If you have set monthly traffic limits, check whether you have used up your allowance for the cellular network. If you have reached the limit, then you will not be able to use any more cellular data on the existing plan.
How to check: Go to Settings - Wireless & Network - Cellular. Check to ensure that the cellular network can be used. Still not working? Try the following steps:
● Reboot Phone – Your phone has exceeded its data quota and you've paid for extra data but the network is still not useable. Simply restart the phone.
● Reset APNs to default – The APN setting may be incorrect. Go to Settings - Network - APNs - Reset to default, and the system will choose the correct settings.
● Contact the service provider – If the previous methods do not work, you can contact the provider for assistance.
● Make sure the phone is within the effective WiFi distance from the router.
● Ensure that the specific WiFi band of router is supported by the phone.
● Do not connect too many devices on the same router at the same time.
● Backup the phone data and restore it to its factory settings.
● If there is still an issue with receiving the WiFi signal, the wireless module may be damaged, you can contact the aftersales service for technical assistance.
● Use another mobile phone to determine if the problem is caused by the network signal coverage.
● If the WiFi module is faulty, it may need to be returned to the factory for repair.
● Try to either reboot the phone or download and use a different camera app.
● If this does not resolve the issue, restore the phone to its factory settings.
● If none of the above methods work, take the phone to a local repair shop.
It's a wrap:
We hope that our comprehensive troubleshooting guide has been able to get your Vernee Thor 4G Smartphone back on its feet. If you have encountered other issues not covered or there are unresolved issues with other products, you are always very welcome to submit a support ticket at our GearBest Support Center. We'll deal with them as soon as possible!
1 day ago By GB Blog Official
0 minutes ago By Sophia Windsor
2017-08-05 By GB Blog Official
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
Prev article: Xiaomi Redmi 3 troubleshooting guide
Next article: Solutions for Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro common issues
You might also like:
0 minutes ago By Zim Watson
2017-02-18 By Zim Watson
2017-04-17 By Zim Watson