What is a Holographic Versatile Disc?
By Bing Hastings 2020-01-18 1619 102
Holographic storage technology uses the interference principle of laser to record data on optical disc. On the same 12cm disc, holographic recording technology can be used to increase the storage capacity to 1TB, which will be 200 times the current DVD standard capacity (4.7GB). And in terms of data transfer rate, it will also reach 1GB picks, which is much higher than the existing hard disk level and 40 times the current maximum speed of DVD (16x, about 22MB/s). Holographic storage technology will be the ideal capacity and high-speed storage technology in the broadband era. Although it has a large capacity, it has not been popularized for the time being. The advantages of
Advantages of holographic storage
Holographic storage has the common characteristics of optical storage, that is, it has a speed comparable to semiconductor storage and storage capacity comparable to magnetic storage. Compared with ordinary optical storage, the specific advantages are as follows:
1. The storage density is more than 1000 times that of ordinary optical storage. For commonly used infrared light waves, the upper limit of holographic storage density per cubic centimeter is about 1Tb.
2. High data transfer rate and fast read and write time. For optical discs, the data transmission rate is about 5Mbytes, while the data transmission rate of holographic storage is likely to exceed that of 1Gbytes/s because it reads and writes data pages in parallel.
3. High redundancy. Holographic recording stores information in a distributed way, and every data bit in the data page is stored on the whole surface or volume of the medium, so the local defects and destruction of the medium will not cause data loss.
4. It can be recorded in real time and can be erased and rewritten. Holographic storage of photopolymers can generally achieve one-time writing and multiple readout, while photoinduced materials and photorefractive materials can achieve erasable rewriting and real-time recording.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2017-03-16By GB Blog Official
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2019-03-04By Steve Lowry
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2016-11-03By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Introduction to Electro-Voice audio advantages
Next article:How to choose a high-end mouse?