What's new features of MIUI 9 and how to update your Xiaomi phones?
Announced in July, the Xiaomi new MIUI 9 is now finally available for download. The first phones to get the update are the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and the new Redmi Y1. In December, the new UI will be available for on all Xiaomi smartphones.
What are the main advantages of the new MIUI and what new features you can look forward to? In this post, we take a close look at all the upgrades available in the MIUI 9.
So what are the key new features of the MIUI 9?
The new MIUI 9 comes with better memory management and resource allocation, which results in a faster app load and other operations.
More efficient Mi Drop.
Xiaomi's file transfer app now has its own spot on the home screen and is sporting a new logo and is available for all Android devices, nor just Xiaomi smartphones.
Released for the Mi Max 2 phones earlier this year, the split screen feature is now included in the MIUI 9. You can launch and navigate the split screen through the multitasking panel.
New notification panel.
One of the major changes in the MIUI 9 is the notification panel, now featuring bundled notifications and quick replies.
Improved image editor.
A new addition to the Gallery app is the improved image editor coming with intelligent background erase: you will be able to easily remove elements from the background by simply selecting an area with your finger and hitting the Erase button.
New video app.
With the Xiaomi new OS, you will be able to make full use of the new Mi Video app. It lets you group videos from the same source into one folder, load multilingual subtitles, and work with multiple formats (AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, MPG, FLV, RM, TS, ASF, and 3GP).
With the new operating system, Xiaomi users get the convenience of shortcuts for the most frequently used apps. You will also be able to customize what is shown in the feed and quickly launch taxi, payment and other applications.
New themes and stickers.
With the new MIUI 9, you will also have a wider choice of themes, including the new Limitless theme, which will appear as the default. Another fun update is a new set of sticker packs and 21 new icon animations.
The new Xiaomi OS features an all-new calendar that lets you view upcoming festivals, events, and holidays as well as subscribe to various updates and revisit old happenings via "On this day" feature.
How to update your Xiaomi phone to the new MIUI 9?
As we've mentioned at the beginning of this post, Xiaomi has started rolling out the new update worldwide for the Redmi Note 4 and the Mi Max 2 and the owners' of these models should be expecting the new OTA update any day now. Users of other Xiaomi devices should be expecting the new MIUI 9 in December.
If you have not yet received an OTA update notification, you can download and install the new MIUI 9 manually.
Check out Gearbest 2017 Clearance Sale, from just $0.1.
Get a phone with super savings at our Xiaomi phone promotion.
How to download the MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi smartphone?
Before beginning the flashing process, make sure your phone is at least 60% charged.
You will need to download Recovery or Fastboot package for your phone, depending on the ROM version you are currently running:
● Download the Recovery package with .zip extension if you are running a Developer ROM.
● Download the Fastboot package with a .tgz extension if you are running a Stable ROM.
● For those with the Redmi Note 4 and Mi Max 2, you can download and install the needed ROMs directly from Xiaomi's website.
Now, let's get into the MIUI flashing process:
1. After you've uploaded the bootloader, you can fastboot your phone. In order to do so, switch off your smartphone and then press and hold the volume down and power button together. The phone will then display the fastboot screen.
2. You can connect your phone to a PC with a USB, click on the Refresh button in the flash tool and you will see your device's ID. Alternatively, install the Mi PC Suite and the necessary drivers. Extract the ROM to a folder on your PC.
3. Start the MiFlash Tool, click on Clean all in the corner below.
4. Select the folder where the Fastboot ROM has been saved and click Flash.
5. Your smartphone may take from 3 to 5 minutes to flash and, when done, you will have the MIUI 9 successfully running on your phone.
1 / 0
2018-04-12 By Adeline Belluz
2018-04-10 By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-30 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X phablet troubleshooting guide
Next article: Fix Anet A8 3D printer motor & limited switch issues
You might also like:
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-06-20 By GB Blog Official