WiFi Mastered | Setting up Your New Xiaomi Wireless Router
By GB Blog Official 2018-07-03 14971 71
Supporting the latest 802.11ac protocol and transmission rate up to 1167Mbps, it's truly an intelligent home hub that can operate all the smart home appliances.
However, there are still some people confused about how to setup the Mi WiFi mini router. Below is an easy to follow, and convenient set up procedure.
Xiaomi mini wireless router installation
Connect the power source and network cable to the Mi WiFi router. After a few seconds, you can see the blue light which means the device is ready.
Connect the wire to the blue WAN port. The blue port of the router is for connecting out to network ports, such as ADSL modem, Optical modem.
As the indicator light turns blue, connect to the WiFi SSID (hotspot) named "Xiaomi". Please note that "Xiaomi-XXXX" represents 2.4GHz frequency while "Xiaomi-XXXX-5G" means 5GHz (requires supported devices).
5G will give you a more stable connection needed for online games. In addition, XXXX represents the final four digits of the router MAC address.
Xiaomi mini wireless router setup tutorial
Open the browser. Please visit the "miwifi.com" website to enter; alternatively, enter 192.168.31.1 directly into the address bar. We will see the MiWiFi page (which is in Chinese), however you can translate to English if you use the Chrome browser.
The Routing Status page shows the speed and the status of the connections.
Click on Router Settings, you will get 6 options:
1. WiFi Settings
2. Internet Settings
3. Security Center
4. LAN Settings
5. Advanced Settings
6. System Status
● WiFi Settings: Change the SSID and password of both your 2.4G and 5G connections.
● Internet Settings: Change the details of your PPPoE connection or enter inputs for DHCP / Static IP.
● Security Center: Change the password of your router.
● LAN Settings: For DHCP and IP values.
● Advanced Settings: For advanced users only!
● System Status: you can check the firmware version of the router and can manually update to the latest stable or developer version.
And now you have completed the setting up your new Xiaomi Mini Wireless Router!
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 4 and Mi Max 4 Pro: 48 Mp camera and other rumors|
|Poco Launcher 2.0 beta download and new features|
|Xiaomi Amazfit Verge 2 will have the best features of Apple Watch|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
For the purpose of this new article, the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2018-10-19By Zim Watson
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
2017-05-12By Linky Johnson
2019-08-13By Joe Horner
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
Next article:How to use projectors in a cool and creative way?