Win 10 anniversary update freezing? Here's the easy FIX you need
Win 10 Anniversary Update delivers great features but it doesn’t work for everyone who tries to install it.
In particular, some users experience a bug that causes the update process to freeze. This makes the whole system freeze and crash upon start-up.
There is no reaction to mouse movement, even following a restart, and other problems will appear when you try to access the Start Menu and taskbar. This kind of issue often happens to a computer if it has its OS installation on an SSD and the associated data on other disks.
In order to fix this issue, users need to use the Microsoft Windows 10 Patch Update.
First, boot the computer again using Windows 10 Safe Mode. After booting up, users should transfer all data and application installations to their main operating system drive.
Then we suggest that users roll back to a previous Windows build.
There are two kinds of methods to roll back to a previous Windows build.
The first: Use Repair Mode
1. Restart your PC. When the log-in interface appears, choose "Power " to "Restart" and press "shift" at the same time. The following screen will appear. "Restart" and press "shift" at the same time. The following screen will appear.
2. Click the "Troubleshoot" option, then "Advanced options".
3. Choose "Go back to the previous build".
If this option is not shown, please refer to the second method to proceed.
The second: Use Safe Mode
1. Follow the first 3 steps from above.
2. On the next screen, click on "Startup settings".
3. Click the Restart button and your PC will reboot.
4. After rebooting, you will see the Startup settings screen, press "4" or "F4" to boot into Windows 10 safe mode.
5, Click on "settings" and choose "Update & security".
6. Then, choose "Recovery" and click "Go back to xxx" as the following picture shows:
Following the above steps, we can fix the freeze bug that affects the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
|You may also want to read:|
|Master Windows | 3 ways to shut down Windows 10 FAST|
|How to stop Windows 10 laptop entering sleep mode|
|How to boot Windows 10 OS super-fast on a notebook|
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson
2017-02-03 By Zim Watson
2017-01-27 By Zim Watson
2017-01-17 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: Extreme survival: using your hunting rifle scope reticle
Next article: See the unseen: How to reveal your IMEI number EASILY
You might also like:
2017-02-28 By Zim Watson
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-03-16 By GB Blog Official