Xiaomi body fat scale troubleshooting
Is there something not quite right with your Xiaomi Body Fat Scale? Are the measurements not accurate? Is the scale not turning on or off? Are you having trouble adding new users? Cannot check your body data in Mi Fit app? Don't worry - we look into the possible solutions to these and other issues in this post.
Make sure you follow these steps carefully:
● Place the scale on a dry and flat surface.
● Step onto the scale with your bare feet (make sure your feet are clean and dry), ensure that you are standing in the center of the scale and your feet are in full contact with the four round metal electrodes.
● Wait until your weight is fully displayed: i.e.the progress bar under the weight number is complete and the number begins to flash. This means the measurement has been completed successfully.
● Check other body data in the Xiaomi Mi Fit app.
● Xiaomi body fat scale uses BIA (Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis) technology to analyze 10 items of your body data, including body weight, BMI, bone mass, body water, muscle mass, basal metabolism, body fat rate, visceral fat level, figure, and body score.
● The main principle of BIA is to classify the body composition into electric bodily fluids, muscle, and dielectric fat tissue.
● When stepping on the scale, make sure that your bare feet are in full contact with the four metal electrodes, the inner BIA module will measure the electrical impedance from your left foot to the right foot. There is a slight flow of electric current through body tissues when measuring, which can be used to estimate total body water. If the body fat rate is high, the electrical impedance will be higher, too. And vise versa. Then, combining this information with the user’s height, weight, age, and gender, Xiaomi body fat scale will calculate the other body data, like body fat rate, bone mass, body water, muscle mass, basal metabolism, visceral fat level, etc.
The factory default unit is Jin (a traditional Chinese weight unit, 1Jin = 500g). Two other available units are kilogram (kg) and pound (lbs). You can pick you preferred unit in the Xiaomi Mi Fit app.
Tap the Mi Fit icon on your phone to open the app. Go to "Profile - My devices - Mi Body Fat Scale - Units of Body Fat Scale" and choose the unit your prefer.
If the Xiaomi Smart Scale fails to accurately measure additional data (bone mass, body water, muscle mass, basal metabolism, body fat rate, visceral fat level, figure, and body score), the most probable causes are wrong settings or incorrect use of the scale. Let’s take a closer look.
You may have accidentally set the age and height in the Mi Fit app beyond the range of measurement.
Age: 6 - 99 years old
Height: 90cm - 220cm
● Your feet may not have good contact with the metal electrodes. Make sure you step on the scale with your bare feet and have them placed decently on the electrodes.
● There may be something dirty on the surface of the metal electrodes or your feet may be too dry to ensure good contact with the scale - clean the metal electrodes with a soft cloth and wipe your feet with a moist towel.
● Perhaps, you have stepped down from the scale too fast. Wait till the progress bar is complete and the weight number flashes twice.
After you have inserted the battery, the scale will turn on automatically once you step onto it. It will automatically turn off when you step down.
● Tap your weight circle on the home page of the app to enter the body fat scale interface.
● Click the edit button beside your icon.
● Tap "Add".
● On the next page, enter the new user’s name.
● Follow the prompts to create a new user profile adding information like gender, date of birth, and height.
● Then the new user steps onto the scale to measure their weight and other body data.
Note: Mi Fit supports up to 16 user profiles and body data. It can automatically identify the new users by their weight.
(1). What else can cause inaccurate data reading?
The data may be inaccurate if you suffer from the following conditions: fever, hangover, exhaustion (after heavy exercise), overheating (after bath or sauna), your posture may be wrong, or the surface on which the scale is placed is uneven or too hard.
(2). Is the scale suitable for people in all physical conditions?
As there is a minor current passing through the body when you step onto the scale, people in the following conditions are not advised to use it: pregnant women, people with surgically inserted pacemakers, artificial dialysis or other medical devices and those suffering from edema.
We hope our practical guide helps you get even more from your Xiaomi body fat scale. However, if you still require further assistance about a specific issue not covered here, feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our professional support staff will deal with your query as promptly as possible. Thanks for reading!
2017-09-11 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-06 By Sophia Windsor
2017-09-04 By GB Blog Official
2017-07-11 By Zim Watson
Prev article: Resolve the top 6 issues about HOMTOM HT3 3G smartphone
Next article: Fixing ID107 smart watch Bluetooth connection issues
You might also like:
2017-04-17 By Zim Watson
2016-12-28 By Zim Watson
2016-12-22 By Zim Watson