Xiaomi Mi Home user guide and instructions
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-08-14 14587 0
Smart Home Remote Control: Xiaomi Mi Home
Like many modern automation systems, Xiaomi also uses a smartphone to centrally manage all Smart devices that can be connected to a single Smart-Home system. To do this, we need to install the MiHome app (available for both Android and iOS).
The APP does not use the Xiaomi logo, as most smart home devices are manufactured by a subsidiary brand of MIJIA. The logo shows a shield hinting at the security system of a smart home.
Download Mi Home
Let's download the Xiaomi Mi Home from Play Store (Android phone), or from APP store(iPhone).
Installation of Xiaomi MI Home
● According to the APP steps install Xiaomi Mi Home
● Select Mainland China. If you select a different location, you will have trouble connecting the devices.
● Register your information or log in to an existing one
● Select a region (your residence) and the way of account binding.
● Create password. You should enter the password twice. Then enter the code and press "Submit".
● Confirmation in the e-mail, and activate the account.
● Select language, Profile > Settings > Language > English
Setting up Xiaomi MiHome
Before adding a device, let's see what the program consists of. Let's start with the home page interface.
● Mi Home - add device and recommendations
● Store - Xiaomi or xiaomi ecological chain products
● Automation - latest product instruction, automation scripts
● Profile - set profile photo, name the count, reset the password or exit the account
Mi home tab Automation (Scripts)
The "Automation" tab is used to set up scripts. It's one of the most visited tabs for me. Most smart home settings are set up here. The interface of this tab is very simple:
● The center shows the current scripts with the status switch ( is turned off). This screenshot contains 2 inactive scripts.
● The upper-right corner contains 2 buttons: Support and Script Log. If the first button is of little interest to us, the second button may come in handy, it looks like this:
● It can be used to see how many times this or that scenario has worked. You cannot partially clear a log, you can only delete it completely.
● Round button with + at the bottom of the Mi home app adds a new automation script. The window for adding scripts looks like this
Scenario setup is quite simple, first of all it is necessary to choose the condition under which the script is triggered:
● Add conditions - in this item you can select one or more conditions under which the script is run. In this setting, the conditions will be triggered by rule AND (If you have selected several conditions, the script will run only if all conditions are met (e.g. to turn on the lights when motion is detected and only in the dark)).
● Meet one condition - here you can set up several conditions, and when one of them triggers a scenario (for example, when one of several water leakage sensors triggers, the central water supply is blocked).
● Add instructions - here we set up the action to be performed when the condition triggers.
● Effective time period - here you can set the active time of the script (you can configure the active days of the week and time of day).
Xiaomi Mi Home Shared devices tab
In the "Shared devices" tab, you can set up sharing of your smart devices, for example, to expand the devices to family members. The tab contains 2 bookmarks: My devices and Shared with me.
● Click “shared device”
● Then you can choose share or accept other devices
● Pay attention that only access the Mi account owners
● Enter the account number find it by phone number.
● Press the share button, and then it will sent invitation to the selected users
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2020-03-24By Lydia Scott
2017-02-28By Zim Watson
2020-03-06By Joe Horner
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
2020-03-03By Joe Horner