Xiaomi Mi TV common problems & solutions
By Niki Jones 2018-12-13 14353 0
Following are some commomn playback problems and solutions.
1. Playback black screen/flower screen/out-of-sync pictures and sounds.
● Please try to change other definition. Operation path: play interface full screen- menu key - to select definition;
● Turn off the power and restart the device before trying again.
2. Playback not smooth/stuck.
● lower video definition, operation path: play interface full screen - menu key - select definition;
● It may be a rout that is stuck, so restart your router and try again;
● The device can be turned off and restarted before trying again;
● It may be caused by unstable network connection. It is recommended that you upgrade broadband or use wired network instead of WIFI to connect to TV to ensure the stability of the network to the greatest extent.
3. Xiaomi Mi TV can not play the resources in online movie and television, how to do?
● Confirm that your Xiaomi Mi TV has been connected to the normally available network;
● Replace other video to play in the "online film and television" of Xiaomi Mi TV, and confirm whether other video can be played normally;
● If all videos cannot be played normally, please check whether the broadcasting and TV serial number in Xiaomi Mi TV is normally obtained. If the broadcasting and TV serial number is empty, it is recommended that you change other network environment to try to get the broadcasting and TV serial number. (such as using the mobile phone as a WIFI hotspot network);
● If some videos cannot be played, it is recommended that you restart the TV after modifying the DNS of Xiaomi Mi TV network and try to play again (modification method: Setting- Network- enter the network related Settings- turn on the manual setting, then the DNS server can be changed manually. Change DNS server address to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 and select to submit);
● Try to upgrade the latest system of Xiaomi Mi TV or change the network environment.
4. Frequently appear stuck and buffer when watching online video with Xiaomi Mi TV.
● Restart the TV after modifying the DNS of Xiaomi Mi TV network; Play online video again online to see if there is any improvement; (modification method: Setting- Network- enter the network related Settings- turn on the manual setting, then the DNS server can be changed manually. Change DNS server address to 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 and select to submit);
● Upgrade Xiaomi Mi TV to the latest system;
● If the above methods are invalid, you can try to restore the Factory Settings of Xiaomi Mi TV or play video after entering recovery to clear data.
Following are some commomn login problems and solutions.
1. Login QR code cannot be loaded, so scanning login cannot be realized.
Please log out of the login page and enter the login page again, or check the network Settings. If the network is normal, it is recommended to restart the device and router.
2. After scanning the code, why does the phone prompt login successfully and there is no jump on the TV page?
Please check the TV network environment first. If the network is normal, you still cannot log in successfully. It is recommended to restart the device and router.
Following are some commomn membership problems and solutions.
1. Members have been purchased, but cannot be watched by members.
● please check whether it is in the login status. Please try to log in again if you are already logged in;
● The device can be turned off and restarted before trying again.
2. Members are purchased, but login to display non-members.
Please check whether the login account is consistent with the account of the member you have opened, and check whether the member is available in "select" -- "personal center" -- "consumption record". If you have bought a member to show no rights and interests, please re-login to see.
Following are some commomn operation problems and solutions.
1. The remote control operates slowly when video is not played.
● It is best to uninstall applications that are not commonly used on your TV/box;
● Using the cleanup tool to clean up the cache and memory;
● It is recommend to restart the TV/box after a power-off.
2. The virtual keyboard cannot be popped when entering WIFI password, or performing editing of channel name, etc.
● If your Xiaomi Mi TV input text operation can not pop up virtual keyboard, it is recommended that you check whether the TV is connected to other USB devices at this time(such as: when attaching keyboard). When the Xiaomi Mi TV is connected to the USB/ Bluetooth keyboard, the system will hide the virtual keyboard by default, and you can input through the external keyboard (unable to input Chinese).
● If the virtual keyboard cannot pop up after your Xiaomi Mi TV connects to some Bluetooth gamepads/wireless mouses, it may be due to the compatibility of external devices. Unplug or disconnect the USB/Bluetooth device and restart the TV.
3. Xiaomi Mi TV need to be connected to the Internet when starting up and setting for the first time, but no network environment. How to skip?
Xiaomi Mi TV will be prompted to connect to the network when the first boot before the next step can be set. If your current environment does not have the network, you can click the return key of the remote control, and choose to skip the Network Settings.
4. Why did some software prompt "*** has stopped running" when Xiaomi Mi TV was opened?
Xiaomi Mi TV has passed the Google CTS certification. According to the requirements of Google, the dpi setting of the 1080p interface should be xhdpi=320. However, some third-party software that has not passed CTS certification cannot run normally, and it needs to be adapted and updated by third-party software applications before it can run normally.
|You may also want to read:|
|You should know these things before flashing the firmware of smart TV!|
|Xiaomi TV official announcement: big ‘S’ is coming! See you tomorrow|
|The most fundamental differences between soft and hard TV screens!|
2018-05-02By Cheryl Evans
2019-07-31By Joe Horner
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2019-07-22By Sophia Windsor
2017-04-20By Zim Watson
2019-07-30By Joe Horner
Prev article:HUAWEI P20 series mobile phones FAQ