Xiaomi Redmi 3S troubleshooting guide
Have you troubled by Xiaomi Redmi 3S reboot, camera, screen, calling, charge, and network problem. Don't worry, we have compiled a comprehensive list of FAQs regarding Redmi 3S.
The Xiaomi's new budget wonder, the Redmi 3S is revered all over the internet for being a "great value for money" option. The highlight of this handset is all metal design, 4100mAh battery and fingerprint scanner. But there are many issues you may encounter, and you feel totally at a loss about how to resolve them. Here we have prepared detailed solutions for you with respect to the frequently asked questions.
Boot and Reboot issues
● Once your phone can enter into the system normally, uninstall the latest installed applications, which are not compatible with your phone OS. Or there are some software conflicts; If it still does not work, restore the device to the factory settings.
● Once the phone cannot enter into the system. Power off your phone first, long press the power button and volume plus button at the same time to enter into the Recovery mode, choose the option "restore to the factory settings" with volume button and confirm with the power button.
● But if the factory reset operation even cannot save your phone, try to flash your firmware with the link.
● Once all the solutions are invalid, then it can be the hardware problem. Just contact the post-sales services for a repair.
● The program is identifying the system files, resulting in the slow running of the phone. Typically, wait for 5 - 10 minutes to boot the phone.
● If the phone has no response, long press the power button for 10s to force a boot.
● There stands a good chance that the phone's battery is completely out of juice. Connect to the original charger and charge for 10 minutes, then try to boot your phone.
● Restore to the factory settings. Long press the power button and volume plus button together to enter the Recovery mode, then click "double wipe" or "double W", and carry out the following two instructions:
a. Wipe data / factory reset
b. Wipe cache partition
● Once all the above solutions are non-effective, perhaps your phone system does not flash well, just re-download a flash package to flash your phone again. (Find a professional expert to flash your phone by copy the flash package to a larger SD card.)
● Connect the phone with original charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery, then boot it after charging for half an hour.
● Restore to the factory settings. In the state of power off, long press the power button and volume plus button together to enter the Recovery mode, choose and confirm "double wipe", that is, wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition, then reboot the system by clicking "reboot system now".
● Change another effective USB cable or power charger and charge for a while and try to boot the phone.
● If all the solutions do not work, it will be the problem of the USB connector, mainboard, or battery. Contact the post-sales services for a repair or fix it in local repair shops around.
Camera issues: front camera/out of focus/flash lamp
● Check whether tear off the surface film in the camera, or there are other dirty stains blocking to the front camera.
● The most possibility is the problem of the phone itself, that is, there are occlusions inside the camera or just the hardware problems, in such case, it is proposed to contact the post-sales services for a maintenance.
● Make sure whether you have rooted your phone before. If you have, delete the root software or remove root permission.
● Some system reading errors may cause this problem. Just power off your phone and reboot.
● The cache or memory is not enough, then clear the data in SD card, or change a larger capacity SD card in your phone. Turn off the background software running on your phone, for they occupy much of the memory.
● Installation error of some camera apps or there is something wrong in the process of upgrading. Both errors can make the camera become unusable, then just uninstall the problematic camera apps.
● Your phone gets close to what is being photographed, beyond the nearest range of focus, so move your phone to the range that can be focused.
● The camera has set the macro mode, which cannot be focused easily, so remember to set it back to the normal mode.
● The color of the subject you photograph is too drab, so focus with reference first before capturing.
● Manually focus first and then try to shoot.
● The phone's battery power is low, thus the flash lamp is unable to turn on normally. Fully charge your phone and have a try later.
● Re-download a camera app to check whether the flash lamp can be used or not, if yes, we are sure your camera software has something wrong.
● Maybe you turn off the flash lamp function inadvertently, start it in "camera - setting - flash lamp".
● Once all the above solutions are useless, the most possibility should be the hardware problem, You can contact the post-sales services for a repair or examine it in local specialized repair shops.
Screen issues: black screen/blank screen/blue screen/white dots
● The drive does not flash well when the you flash your phone, flash it again with the link.
● If the solution does not work, then return your phone to the factory and examine the hardware problems.
● The phone's battery is out of juice, and charge for a while within 10 minutes.
● The battery is broken or the phone appears faults, send your phone back to the factory for a repair.
● Maybe you have rooted or flashed your phone. The ROM in this Xiaomi Redmi 3S is the stable version flashed by supplier, if you flash with other version ROM, there may appear language missing or other faults. When the black screen is caused by your own rooting or flashing operation, the phone's maintenance is not under warranty, repair it by yourself.
● Examine the battery to see whether it is loose, if yes, pad a piece of paper cushioning behind the battery, thus solving the problem of poor contact between the battery and the phone's mainboard.
● Connect the phone with original charger, and press the power button for 30s to activate the battery, then check it if the phone can boot after charging for half an hour.
● Change another effective USB cable or appropriate power charger. Check it if the phone can boot after charging for a while.
● It may result from the incompatible apps downloaded on the phone. So restore the factory settings. In the condition of powering off, long press the power button and volume plus button to enter the Recovery mode, choose and confirm "double wipe", that is, wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition, then reboot the system by clicking "reboot system now".
● If all the above methods are invalid, the most possible reason should be the hardware problem, contact the post-sales services and send it back to the factory for a check and repair.
● Press the power button for 8 -10s, and check whether the phone can boot normally after rebooting.
● Take down the SD card and SIM card, and clean the metal pin with an eraser and retry it. Assemble the cards and check if the phone can boot normally.
● If the solutions do not work, charge your phone with the original charger for more than 10 minutes.
● Press the left function button quickly when the phone appears booting interface image. If you can enter into the safe mode, uninstall the latest installed apps in Application Manager, until your phone can boot normally.
● Once all the above operations are useless, flash your phone to have a try. Download flash package here .
● The gap indicates your phone has quality problems, that is, the screen does not fit well. Contact the post-sales services for a repair.
● White dots on the screen are likely to be the hardware problem. Fixed with screen repair software.
● At first, please confirm in which case the phone goes blank.
(1). Several minutes after the boot
Return the phone to the factory and re-write the software.
(2). It goes blank as soon as it powers on.
It is likely to be the issue of flexible printed circuit (FPC). If you got your phone over one year, take it to the local professional phone repair shops for a repair; if you bought within one year, contact the after-sales service and send it back to the factory for a maintenance.
● Next, please confirm to which degree the phone goes blank.
(1). The phone sometimes goes blank, and sometimes it is normal.
Two possibilities: The flexible printed circuit (FPC) is damaged, or the software has something wrong.
As for the software issue, return the phone to the factory and re-write the software.
If the flexible printed circuit (FPC) is damaged, the solution is the same as the second point above.
(2). It goes blank all the way.
The flexible printed circuit exits problem. Send the phone back to the factory and change the flexible printed circuit.
(3). After booting the phone, it goes blank in a minute without any operation.
It is the software issue, return the phone to the factory and re-write the software.
(4). Have you repaired the phone before?
If you have, then the phone needs to change the flexible printed circuit.
● Firstly, simply reboot your phone after shutting down.
● If rebooting still cannot get it right, restore to the factory settings. Remember to back up the useful data in your phone for this operation will damage the information about contacts, messages, photos, etc. The specific steps are listed as follows:
(1). In the condition of shutdown, long press the power button and volume plus button to enter the Recovery mode;
(2). Loosen the buttons when the screen is bright, and appears the following images, if not, repeat the step 1;
(3). Adjust the cursor with volume plus and volume minus to the position of "wipe data / factory reset", and press the power button to confirm;
(4). Adjust the cursor with volume plus and volume minus to the position of "Yes, delete all user data", and press the power button to confirm;
(5). Wait for a moment, choose "reboot system now" to reboot your phone, and press the power button to confirm.
● Once all the above solutions are invalid, flashing your phone will be your last choice.
Calling issues: microphone/hang up
● It can be the result of poor signal, so move to other open areas where has a good signal, then the phone will call normally.
● Turn up the volume by pressing the volume plus button when answering a phone call.
● Call other people in your contacts, if it is the same problem, it means your microphone has something wrong, just examine and repair it in local phone repair shops. If not, it is the issue of the receiver's microphone.
● You can let the receiver hangs up. And you enter into the "setting - calling setting" to start up the item of "hanging up by pressing the power button".
● And you can have a try in "setting - auxiliary function - developer option - proximity sensor" and calibrate it.
Charge issues: no response/cannot charge/charge slow
● Change a charging cable or charger to check if your phone can charge normally.
● Maybe the battery enters the protected mode. Long press the power button for 30s to activate the battery after connecting to the power supply, then check it after the phone charges for a while.
● Or there is something wrong with the battery or the phone itself. Contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory for a maintenance.
Perhaps there is a bug in your phone. So restore the factory settings, or just wait for the next time upgrade to check whether the bug has fixed.
● Maybe the power charger's plug is oxidized if it has been used for a long time. So you use an eraser to clean the plug, and retry it. Or maybe the charging port on the phone be oxidized as well, you can use a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol to wipe the port and then wait for a minute until the alcohol is dry. Then charge the phone again.
● If the above ways don't work, check whether the USB charger is the original one. If not, change to the original one because a different power charge has different input and output power which may cause the battery charge failure.
● Charge the phone for at least 10 minutes and then boot it. If it fails, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button for 10 seconds to see whether it can be opened. Or keep connecting the phone to the power source, keep pressing the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button, let it be charged for some time and boot it again.
● Change another effective USB cable or appropriate power charger.
● Once all above solutions are invalid, the most possible reason should be the USB port is damaged or the battery has something wrong. The users can go to local phone fixing store for a check and repair or you can contact the after-sales service to send it back to the factory for a repair.
● Enter into the phone's setting, "Setting - About phone - continuous click 'Internal memory' - Testing - Battery information", check whether the battery status is alternating current. If it shows "charging over USB", the phone will charge very slow and abnormal. Charge your phone with original charger or reboot to see if the battery status can change back to alternating current.
● Check the phone running programs. Many applications still run in the background even you quit them. So they will consume your phone battery to drag your power charging speed. Shut off these programs / applications when charging such as WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
● Do not play big online games / listen to music / watch movies when charging your phone. Not only will it slow down your phone charging speed and it's bad for your battery which may shorten its lifespan.
● The power charger is not an appropriate one. The different power charger has distinct input / output current or voltage, so other power chargers may not well suit this phone. Use the original charger and USB cable to charge it.
● The charger or USB cable has problems. Charge your phone with charger or USB cable that has larger output current.
● The charging port itself has something wrong. Contact the post-sales service to examine and repair it.
● Please pay attention: The battery is Li-ion battery in Xiaomi phone. Do not run out the battery before charging. If you always drain the battery, making the phone automatically power off, the battery will be damaged and the lifespan will be shortened as well.
Network signal issues: 2/3/4G network/SIM card
● The local network carrier provides unstable 3 / 4G network signal, due to the issue of cell phone tower. At present, the highest signal is 4G, and it will degrade to 3G / 2G gradually as the tower's signal becomes unstable. Here change a carrier can be helpful.
● Your surroundings may affect the signal. The signal somewhat differs in every place. The shielding effect is better indoors, for instance, in the underground garage or elevator, the network signal will become very weak, which is the same applied in remote areas. So try to change the ambience!
● It can be the reason resulted from your phone's setting. The 2 / 3 / 4G network signals are quite different in their network frequency band. When your 4G network signal is weak, try to switch to 2 / 3G network.
● Make sure whether your phone has opened 2 / 3 / 4G GPRS cellular data. If so, these cellular data network can be used normally.
● Remove the SIM card from your phone to another phone to check whether the network works. If yes, it means the SIM card has something wrong. Please consult the local mobile business hall, then call the SIM card operator and reset your numbers' signal.
● Make sure your phone's network frequency is compatible with both the local overlay network and the SIM card's carrier network, otherwise your phone will not receive the network signal.
● Power off and reboot to have a try if the above ways do not work. Perhaps the network signal is not smooth at the moment.
● If the method is still invalid, restore to the factory settings by pressing the power button and volume plus button.
● Once all above solutions are useless, the most possible reason should be the hardware problem, like mainboard, antenna, network module, etc. It is advised to have a post-sales service for a repair.
● Ensure the SIM card is placed securely and correctly into the card slot.
● Xiaomi Redmi 3S is a dual SIM dual standby phone. Check whether the SIM card has been activated. If not, enter the phone's "Setting - SIM Cards Setting - SIM 1 (UIM1) / SIM 2 - Activate" and tick this option.
● Maybe the SIM card has a poor contact, just power off and take out the SIM card. Clean the chip in SIM card with an eraser.
● Back up your data in the phone, including contacts, messages, photos, etc. And restore to the factory settings in "Setting - Backup & reset - Factory data reset".
● The card slot may be damaged, just return it back the factory to check and repair.
● Your surroundings may affect the signal. The signal somewhat differs in every place. The shielding effect is better indoors, for instance, in the underground garage or elevator, the network signal will become very weak, which is the same applied in remote areas. So change the ambience to have a try.
● In most cases, it is caused by the inconformity between the local overlay network or SIM card carrier network and the phone's network frequency. Make sure both of them support the network frequency. Otherwise your phone will display no services.
● Make sure whether your SIM card's network frequency is supported by the phone:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz
● Uninstall relevant software or simply restore to the factory settings.
● Maybe the SIM card has something wrong, change a new card in business hall.
● Once all the conditions are excluded, we can sure there must be something wrong with the network module, please contact the post-sales services for a repair or fix it in local repair shops around.
● Check whether SIM 1 has been activated. The operation is "Setting - SIM card setting - SIM 1 - activate" and check it.
● The SIM 1 is specially designed for micro SIM card. Make sure your card is the right one.
● If all the above issues have been ruled out, then there may be something wrong with the card slot, just have it repaired.
● Actually, the software is not malicious, instead, it is the push application in some software, just the same as the pop-up advertisement in some applications. So downloading a good app matters.
● If you download a software but do not install it, it will not display on the screen of the phone.
● Check whether the software download completes. If so, delete the file; if the software is not yet completely downloaded, just power off and reboot your phone, it will not be installed on your phone.
● ROM is China stable version of MIUI 7, and supports upgrade to MIUI 8.
● Warm prompt: upgrading or flashing your phone may result in language missing (only English and Chinese). Therefore, think twice before you upgrade your phone.
If you have any other questions regarding the Xiaomi Redmi 3S, drop in our GearBest Support Center to submit a support ticket and we will be glad to reply you as soon as possible.
1 / 0
2018-04-12 By Adeline Belluz
2018-04-10 By Adeline Belluz
2018-03-30 By Adeline Belluz
Prev article: Zeblaze Blitz 3G Smartwatch Phone troubleshooting
Next article: Ourtime X01S Smartwatch Phone troubleshooting guide
You might also like:
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson
2017-02-22 By Zim Watson
2017-06-20 By GB Blog Official