Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phablet: every problem solved
By GB Blog Official 2017-04-12 21968 4
In our comprehensive guide and walkthrough, we will address the most common issues on the bestselling Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4G phablet, as well as provide handy solutions and walkthroughs. So if you have encountered any of these issues during your daily use, we show you how to resolve them like a pro.
Common Boot Issues
● If you can boot the phablet normally, uninstall any recently installed applications to avoid any possible software compatibility/conflict issues.
● Use either the Note 4's built-in management app or a reputable third-party maintenance app to clean different aspects of the Android system regularly, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, AVG Cleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.
● A system settings issue can sometimes be responsible. Restore the device to the default factory settings in phone's "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". Warning: Be sure to back up your important data first, as it will be wiped during the process.
● If you are unable to boot the device at all: with the phone powered off, long press the power button and volume up button together to enter the Recovery Mode. Navigate to "Restore to Factory Settings" with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button.
● If even the factory reset cannot resolve the boot issue, faulty OS may be the core problem: try flashing the phone's ROM with the latest international firmware release.
● Should all the solutions still be ineffective, it strongly suggests an underlying hardware problem. Please contact our aftersales support service to arrange a product return and repair.
● During the boot sequence, the OS is loading system files and applying any updates (esp. following a firmware upgrade). These steps can result in a slower boot. Please be patient and wait for another 5 - 10 minutes.
● If the phone is still unresponsive, long press the power button for approximately 10 seconds to force the phone to reboot.
● If the phone still cannot boot correctly, the phone battery could be completely drained. Try connecting the phone to the original charger that came supplied with the phone, then charge the device for at least 10-15 minutes and try booting again.
● If the phone is still not booting, restore the phone to its factory settings. Hold the power button and the volume up buttons together to enter the phone's Recovery Mode. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select, choose "double wipe" or "double W", i.e. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
● If a phone reset is unable to resolve the problem, download the latest ROM firmware to flash your phone again.
● Should the above solutions be ineffective, there may be an underlying hardware or system fault. Get in touch with our aftersales service to arrange a product return/factory repair.
● Check all the connectors for signs of oxidation/rust if the charger has been used for a long time. Carefully remove any visible residue and try charging again.
● The phone's charging port might also have oxidation present. Using a cotton swab with some anhydrous alcohol, carefully wipe the port clean. Wait for a minute until the alcohol has completely dried, then charge the phone again.
● Always try to charge Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with the original USB charger to ensure the input and output power levels do not affect the charging.
● If the phablet still fails to charge, continuously press the phone power button three times and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds to see whether it can boot.
● Connect and charge the phone via the mains: press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to activate the battery, then release the button. Let it charge for at least 10 minutes and then reboot the phone.
● To avoid the possibility of faulty peripherals, use another USB cable or power charger and try to boot the phone.
● If none of the above solutions work, the USB port and/or battery may be damaged. Go to a local repair store to fix the phone professionally, or alternatively, contact our aftersales center to arrange a product return and factory repair.
System Prompts Issues
● You may have input the wrong unlock password several times, or installed problematic applications. With the phablet powered off, long press the power button and the volume up button at the same time to boot into the Recovery Mode. Navigate to the "Restore to the factory settings" option with the volume buttons, select the restore option with the power button. Then boot your phone to reset your password (number, PIN, or pattern).
● If the login issue persists, try flashing the phone's ROM with the latest international firmware release.
● If the above fixes do not work, there may be an underlying hardware fault. Please contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
● Try to clear data in phablet's "Settings - APP settings - Installed apps - Analytics - Clear data".
● Or just close Analytics completely in "Settings - Battery & performance - Manage apps battery usage - Choose apps - System apps - Analytics - No restrictions", then reboot your device again.
● Alternatively, update the MIUI OS to the latest international firmware release.
● Disable autostart for certain app in phablet's "Settings - Permissions - Autostart" or find it in "Security - Permissions - Autostart".
● Or just set the app permission in the developer options. If you have not opened the developer options, go to "Settings - About phone - MIUI version (tap it five times)". Then you will be available to the developer options.
● For larger files, just will need to wait longer.
● If the network signal is poor, or there is network congestion, you can try to move to a location with better signal reception and less interference. Then try to download again.
● Check whether you have too many junk files, an excessively large cache, or redundant applications on the phone taking up too much phone storage. This can lead to system slowdown (lag). We recommend cleaning your phone's OS regularly using reputable third-party maintenance apps, i.e. Clean Master, CCleaner, etc.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 offered on GearBest comes with the official and international ROM from Xiaomi, with full OTA update support. If you cannot enter the system update interface, you may have obtained your phone from another seller. In that situation, try flashing your phablet's ROM with the latest international firmware release.
● This may be a phablet's setting issue. Go to "Settings - About phone - System updates (at the bottom of the interface) - Settings - Update automatically". Then the device will download update automatically when connected to WiFi.
● Install the latest version of Xiaomi Helper ("小米助手" in Chinese) on your computer, then connect it with your phablet. The Xiaomi Helper software will remind you to update the system firmware.
● If the system cannot be updated automatically, you will need to get the latest updates by manually flashing your ROM firmware.
SIM Card/Screen/Camera Issues
● Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a dual SIM, dual standby phone. Check whether the SIM card is activated. If not, enter the phone's "Settings - SIM Cards Setting - SIM 1 (UIM1) / SIM 2 - Activate" and select this option.
● Ensure the SIM card is inserted securely and correctly into the card slot. Hold your SIM card with the gold-plated side DOWN and the white side UP. Match the orientation of the SIM ('cut-off' corner on the top left) with the image on the SIM slot before inserting it.
● The SIM card might be making a poor contact and needs to be cleaned. Power off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, remove the SIM card and gently clean the chip in the SIM card.
● Try the SIM card on another phone. If it is still not recognized, the SIM card itself is faulty and needs to be replaced by the service provider.
● Back up your important data in the phone, including contacts, messages, photos, etc. And restore the phone to its original factory settings in "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone".
● If the SIM card is detected by another phone, the SIM card slot on your Xiaomi phone may be damaged. Contact the aftersales service to arrange Return the product for a factory repair.
● Restore the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to its factory settings. Enter the phone "Settings - Additional settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset - Reset phone". Warning: back up your personal data first, as everything will be wiped during the process.
● Turn off and reboot the phone.
● If the issue persists, the display's flexible flat cable may either be faulty or loose. This is a relatively minor issue, your local mobile repair store will be able to fix this for you. Alternatively, contact our aftersales staff for technical assistance.
● Check whether you have removed the protective film on the front camera lens, or if there are other stains obscuring the front camera. Please carefully wipe your camera lens clean with the lens cloth.
● Check whether there is any dirt or residue inside the camera lens; if there is, take the Note 4 to a phone repair shop for professional assistance.
● Should all the above solutions be ineffective in resolving the lens issue, please contact our aftersales service to arrange a product return and factory repair.
All supported languages are listed on the following screenshot:
● To connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to the computer, you need to first install the Xiaomi Helper on your computer and activate USB debugging under "Settings - Additional settings - Developer options - USB debugging".
● When you connect your phablet to the computer via the USB cable, change the prompt from "USB for charging" to "Transfer files (MTP)" or "Transfer photos (PTP)".
The locales available on the phablet only feature a limited set of countries. You can select a locale close to your area, or any another one – it will not affect the phablet's core operations or functions. The locales available on the phablet are listed on the following screenshot:
Yes, the international version comes with Google Play Store pre-installed.
No, the phablet lacks these certificates.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 runs on MIUI 8. At the time of writing, the latest international version from Xiaomi is V8.0.4.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 assistive functions guide|
|Country-based mobile phone network frequency bands coverage guide|
|Xiaomi MIUI 8 Quick Ball function - come and find surprise|
We hope our practical guide helps you get even more from your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phablet. However, if you still require further technical assistance about a specific issue not covered here, feel free to contact our dedicated Support Center. Our professional support staff will deal with your query as promptly as possible. Thanks for reading!
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-04-27By Zim Watson
2017-11-17By GB Blog Official
2018-04-24By Matthieu Andre
2018-07-03By GB Blog Official
2017-06-20By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Troubleshoot serious Elephone S7 smartphone issues
Next article:SAR value checklist for smartphones on Gearbest