YI action camera flash/update guide
By Zim Watson 2017-06-29 7250 2
Step 1. Download the YI action camera's firmware from its official website on your PC. There are several versions there, according to your need to download one.
Step 2. Change the file name to be "firmware.bin" and copy it to your camera TF card's root directory.
Step 3. Power off the camera and install the TF card into it.
Step 4. Power on the camera, then follow the update pop-up in the LCD to finish the flash/upgrade.
Step 5. Remove the TF card from the camera, then turn on the camera.
Step 6. Format the TF card, then install it into the camera. Now, the camera is ready to be used.
1. Please download the right firmware, otherwise, a wrong firmware you download from other places may make the problem more serious.
2. Make sure the camera has at least 50% battery, or directly connect it to a power source to prevent the camera shutting off during the flashing process.
3. The update/flash file must be copied to the TF card's root directory.
4. Format the TF card before the flash, and format it after the flash. You'd better choose a branded good quality and big storage TF card.
5. Do not do any operation during the updating/flashing procedure.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the YI action camera from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
2019-08-26By Joe Horner
2018-01-17By Adeline Belluz
2019-04-17By Linky Johnson
2017-02-17By GB Blog Official
2019-08-21By Sigismondo Eisenhower
2018-06-23By Steve Lowry