YI II 4K action camera boot & TF card problems
A practical YI II international version 4K action camera boot and TF card troubleshooting guide.
|The YI II action camera won't turn on.|
|The YI II camera notifies "Slow Card".|
The YI II action camera won't turn on.
There are two conditions:
1. The camera cannot turn on, but the indicator lights.
The indicator lights, which means the battery and the electric circuit are fine, so the most possible reason is "system error".
● Simply reset the camera. Because you cannot turn it on, so you can use the shortcut way to reset it: Press the Power button + the WIFI button together to reset the camera.
● Alternatively, if the reset makes no sense, try to flash/update the camera's firmware. Download the YI II camera's firmware from its official website, then follow the YI II 4K action camera flash/update guide to flash or update the firmware.
However, when you're flashing the firmware, the screen still has no reaction, the most possible reason should be the screen flat cable is broken or loosened, or the screen is damaged. In this condition, please take this camera to a camera shop to check and fix. If the problem is serious that some hardware needs to be replaced, the best way is to contact the after-sales service for further help.
2. The camera cannot turn on, and the indicator doesn't light when charging.
It could regard as a charging issue.
● Check whether you have installed the battery well, simply remove it and then install it into the camera again.
● Please charge it through its original USB cable and charger. Wait for minimum 10 minutes to check whether the camera powers on.
● After a long time charging, if the camera still cannot be powered on, maybe the USB cable/charger is broken. Change another working USB cable/charger to charge it.
● If both of the ways make no sense, the battery might have something wrong. Maybe its contact points or the camera's contact points are oxidized, you can use a cotton swab with anhydrous alcohol to scrub them. If it's useless as well, the other possible reason should be the battery is broken, the camera's electric circuit is broken, or the camera's charging component is broken.
● No matter it's because the battery is broken, the electric circuit is broken, or the hardware is damaged, just take this camera to a camera shop to check and fix. If the problem is serious that some hardware needs to be replaced, the best way is to contact the after-sales service for further help.
The YI II camera notifies "Slow Card".
This problem happens because of the TF card's transmission speed is slow. Actually, it's just a little case.
● Simply change a branded good quality and big storage TF card for this camera, the problem will be solved. So here, we would recommend you some excellent TF card with big storage, such as:
For more premium choices, you can click this link to have a view on Gearbest. And do remember to format the card before using.
If you already applied a good and big storage TF card, this reason of this problem should be the TF card storage is full.
● Please remove the card from the camera and connect it to a computer (through a USB card reader) to check the storage condition, then move the files to the PC to release the card storage.
For Gearbest customers: If you've purchased the YI II (international version) 4K action camera from us, but the post above doesn't solve your issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Just fill in the ticket with your questions at our Support Center and send it to us. We will do our best to deal with your problem as soon as possible. We are always happy to help.
1 / 0
11 hours ago By Adeline Belluz
3 days ago By GB Blog Official
2017-11-29 By GB Blog Official
Next article: Teclast H30 smart band function troubleshooting guide
You might also like:
2017-02-13 By Zim Watson
2017-04-20 By Zim Watson
2017-02-19 By Zim Watson