Apple Pay: DKB comes now
By Adeline Kuang 2019-06-18 517 0
Since the launch of the Apple payment service, DKB has been listed as one of the official partners. Just recently, DKB revised its app and upgraded the Card Control service.
With immediate effect, more than 4 million DKB customers can now use Apple Pay with their DKB VISA card. When paying by credit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are neither stored on the device nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique device account number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the secure element on the device. Each transaction is authorized with a unique dynamic security code.
The special conditions for using Apple Pay with the DKB VISA card (credit card) are printed in full text below.
DKB Special Terms and Conditions for the Use of Apple Pay Subject matter, definition
1) Deutsche Kreditbank AG (hereinafter "DKB AG") enables the holder of a physical or virtual DKB-VISA-Card (hereinafter "credit card") to use Apple Pay.
2) Apple Pay is provided by Apple. With Apple Pay, credit card payments can be arranged with a suitable mobile device.
- either at contactless (NFC-enabled) POS terminals of participating contractors.
- or in online trading via certain apps, websites and other interfaces of participating contractors.
3)A credit card payment initiated by the cardholder with Apple Pay is executed by DKB AG in accordance with the conditions for Mastercard and Visa Card (credit cards) (hereinafter referred to as "credit card conditions"). The special conditions for the use of Apple Pay supplement the credit card conditions. In the event of any conflict between the Credit Card Terms and Conditions and these Special Terms and Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2 Depositing the digital credit card in the Apple Wallet
1) To initiate credit card payments using Apple Pay, the Cardholder must have the Apple Wallet and a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or MacBook) that supports Apple Pay.
2) The credit card must be digitized and stored as a digital card in the Apple Wallet (hereinafter also referred to as "Activation"). The Cardholder has the choice of the following procedures. DKB AG reserves the right to offer further procedures or to deactivate offered procedures.
Activation of the credit card via the DKB Banking App.
In the DKB Banking app, the cardholder must select the credit card that he wishes to deposit as a digital credit card in the Apple Wallet and confirm the selection by entering an authentication element (e.g. TAN). DKB AG will then send an encrypted file with the cardholder's name, credit card number and expiry date of the selected credit card to Apple Distribution International, Ireland. The Apple Wallet will notify the cardholder of the successful digitisation and deposit of the credit card.
If the cardholder chooses to activate the credit card via the DKB Banking App in order to use Apple Pay, the cardholder instructs DKB AG to deposit the digital card in the Apple Wallet. The transmission of the data specified in the previous paragraph is required for the provision of a further service within the scope of the credit card contract, namely for the deposit of the digital card in the Apple Wallet, within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 Letter b DS-GVO.
Credit card activation via Apple Wallet and authentication via DKB Banking app or SMS confirmation code
The cardholder must specify the credit card he wishes to deposit in the Apple Wallet as a digital credit card in accordance with the user guidance in the Apple Wallet and enter the other credit card details requested. Apple will provide this information to DKB AG to verify and confirm that this credit card can be used for Apple Pay. The verification of the data is required for the possibility of using the digital credit card with Apple Pay, i.e. for the provision of a further service within the scope of the credit card contract, within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 letter b DS-GVO. The transmitted data will be deleted by DKB AG when the purpose has been fulfilled.
The cardholder will then be asked, if necessary, to authenticate himself using the DKB Banking app or an SMS confirmation code (to confirm his identity). It is at the discretion of DKB AG whether it requires such authentication.
If the cardholder chooses authentication via the DKB Banking App, he will be redirected from the Apple Wallet to the homepage of the DKB Banking App and asked to enter his access data for online banking. After successful login, the cardholder is prompted to enter an authentication element (e.g. TAN) to confirm his identity (authentication) on a confirmation page as part of the DKB Banking app. He will then be notified of the successfully completed digitisation and deposit of the credit card in the Apple Wallet.
If the cardholder chooses authentication by SMS confirmation code, a confirmation code is generated and sent by SMS to the cardholder's mobile phone number stored with DKB AG. The SMS confirmation code is valid for 30 minutes after transmission. If it is not used during this period, it automatically becomes invalid. The same applies if the cardholder requests a new SMS confirmation code. The Cardholder will be prompted to enter the SMS Confirmation Code on an Apple Wallet confirmation page to confirm his identity (authentication). He will then be notified of the successful digitisation and deposit of the credit card in the Apple Wallet.
3) If the Cardholder receives a replacement or continuation card for his/her credit card, the digital credit card deposited in the Apple Wallet will automatically be replaced by a new digital credit card based on the replacement or continuation card.
4) DKB AG does not process location data, device settings or device usage patterns of the mobile terminal. Further information on data processing at DKB AG can be found in the general information sheet "Information pursuant to Articles 13, 14 and 21 of the European Data Protection Basic Regulation DS-GVO".
3 Authorisation of payment orders with Apple Pay
1) When using Apple Pay for credit card payments at contactless (NFC-enabled) POS terminals of participating contractors, the mobile device must be unlocked and held to the card reader using TouchID, FaceID or by entering the code specified by the Cardholder on his mobile device. Depending on the technical equipment of the card reader, the PIN provided by DKB AG for the physical or virtual credit card (hereinafter "Card PIN") may also have to be entered on the card reader.
2) If Apple Pay is used for credit card payments in online commerce via certain apps, websites and other interfaces of contractual companies with the mobile terminal, the functionality "Buy with Apple Pay" must be selected as part of the payment process at the participating contractual company and the credit card payment must then be confirmed with TouchID, FaceID or by entering the code specified by the cardholder on his mobile terminal.
3) By using the credit card within the framework of Apple Pay, the Cardholder gives his consent (authorization) to the execution of the card payment. If a card PIN or other authentication element is required for this purpose, consent will only be given once it has been entered. After consent has been given, the Cardholder may no longer revoke the payment order.
4) This authorisation also includes express consent for DKB AG to process, transmit and store the cardholder's personal data required for the execution of card payments. Transaction data will not be transferred from DKB AG to Apple.
4 Additional duties of care of the cardholder when using Apple Pay
1) The cardholder shall minimise the risk of unauthorised access to his mobile terminal by, among other things, taking appropriate protective measures (e.g. by specifying a code that is difficult or impossible to decrypt). If a third party has gained knowledge of the code or if there is a suspicion of this, the credit card holder must change the code immediately. In addition, the cardholder must ensure that only his own biometric features are stored on the mobile device.
2) The Cardholder must keep the operating system of the end device used by him up to date. The Cardholder may not use any terminal device for which the restrictions on use have been circumvented in an unauthorised manner (so-called jailbreak), as adequate protection against attacks and attempted fraud can no longer be guaranteed with these terminal devices. The cardholder must download the Apple Wallet only from the official App Store and regularly update it.
3) In the event of loss or theft of the mobile device or a corresponding suspicion, the Cardholder's notification, examination and notification obligations set out in the Credit Card Terms and Conditions shall apply. This is because every person in possession of the mobile terminal device has the opportunity to make abusive card transactions with it.
4)When activating the credit card via the Apple Wallet, if the cardholder chooses authentication by SMS confirmation code, the cardholder must keep the SMS confirmation code sent to him secret and protect it from access by other persons. This is because any other person who knows the cardholder's data and has access to the SMS confirmation code can misuse the digital card.
The use of Apple Pay is free of charge. The fee for the execution of payment orders by credit card is set out in the List of Prices and Services for Private Customers of DKB AG.
6 Deactivation, cancellation of the digital credit card by the cardholder
The cardholder can deactivate the digital credit card stored in the Apple Wallet in the app itself or in the DKB Banking app at any time. The deactivation is deemed to be a termination of the digital credit card stored on this mobile device in accordance with the credit card terms and conditions. For this reason, the deactivation must be revived by digitizing the credit card and depositing the digital credit card in accordance with number 2. A temporary block of the credit card for certain transaction types within the scope of Card Control (cf. No. 3 of the Special Conditions for the Use of Card Control (DKB-VISA-Cards and Hilton Honors Credit Cards)) does not constitute a deactivation of the digital credit card in this sense and therefore does not constitute a cancellation of the digital credit card. A deletion of the Apple Wallet or any other deactivation of the Apple Pay functionality on the mobile device shall also be deemed a termination of the digital credit card deposited on this mobile device in accordance with the credit card terms and conditions.
Status: June 17, 2019.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2019-07-03By Joe Horner
2017-07-18By Felicity Rosa
2019-11-27By Joe Horner
2019-04-26By Linky Johnson
2019-10-23By Joe Horner
2019-09-20By Joe Horner