Ark compiler: 3 advantages compared to Android
By Lydia Scott 2019-06-06 576 0
Google has previously adjusted Android's compiler mode several times, from Dalvik virtual machine, to JIT, to ART. In Android version 7.0, Google adopted AOT+JIT+ to interpret the mixed mode in order to achieve a setup time, space usage and performance. The balance between.
However, Xiong Junmin believes that there is still a way to run the code while explaining and executing. Google has also adjusted the mode of compiling code many times, but there is still a performance gap compared to iOS.
The Ark compiler solves this problem.
The biggest advantage of the Ark compiler is that it bypasses the VM. The Ark Compiler is the first static compiler to completely replace a language virtual machine, without the need for an interpreter. A compiler that takes into account Java development efficiency and C language runtime efficiency.
Compared to Android's existing compilation mechanism, the Ark compiler has three major advantages:
1. The Ark compiler is a static compilation method. In the existing Android system, running an application first starts the virtual machine, then reads the application code and interprets the execution one by one. It will occupy more processing resources and affect the efficiency of program execution. Of course, there are also early or runtime compilation techniques including AOT or JIT, which convert some programs into machine code and execute them directly on the CPU. However, it is still impossible to achieve 100% of the implementation of virtual machines, which is the key to the current Android camp is not as good as the IOS camp.
2. The static compilation mode of Huawei Ark compiler can directly translate the dynamic features in the language into machine code. After the application is installed, the mobile phone can run the program at full speed, completely eliminating the drawbacks of the virtual machine and bringing about great improvement in efficiency.
3. The Ark compiler is a compiler deployed in the development environment, and the existing compilation process mainly occurs on the mobile phone, bringing additional resource consumption.
In view of this, the Huawei Ark compiler can bring significant improvements in system performance.
1. EMUI 9.1 statically compiles the system main service System Server. It brings about a 24% increase in system fluency and a 44% increase in system response performance.
2. After the static compilation of Weibo Express Edition, the fluency is improved by up to 60%.
Previously, Zhao Ming, the president of Glory, spoke highly of the Ark compiler: "This is an extremely huge upgrade. We have been expecting Android to surpass iOS. After the glory of the 20 series, we have an experience comparable to the iPhone, even In some ways we are better than it."
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi Eink E-Paper with 10.3inch screen launched|
|HTC U13 Plus rumors: HTC will not launch U13 in 2019|
|new Dell XPS 15 (7590): price, specs, features and launch date|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-06-06By GB Blog Official
2020-04-02By Joe Horner
2019-01-10By GB Blog Official
2019-11-21By Joe Horner
2019-01-25By GB Blog Official
2019-11-13By Sophia Windsor