Jetbeam Jet-μ Flashlight
By GB Blog Official 2016-11-17 810 0
It's perfect for multiple scenarios including: hiking, climbing, riding, camping, military applications, EDC and so on.
It's called the JET-μ, because μ means mini in the Greek alphabet.
In fact actually, we found the JET-μ to be incredibly compact and and portable. Here we will give a brief product looking at the stand out features, pros and cons as well as our conclusion.
First, let's look at the Jetbeam JET-μ specifications:
● LED: CREE XP-G2 LED
● Power Source: 1 x AAA Battery (Alkaline or NiMH)
● IPX Rating: IPX8 (Waterproof and submersible up to 2 meters)
● Impact Resistance: 1 meter
● High: 135 Lumens - 0.8H / 48 Min.
● Medium: 25 Lumens - 4.3H / 4 Hours 18 Min.
● Low: 1.5 Lumens - 35 Hours
● Peak Beam Distance: 46 meters
● Peak Beam Intensity: 518 cd
● Length: 2.77” (70.4 mm)
● Head Diameter: 0.56” (14.2 mm)
● Body Diameter: 0.58” (14.8 mm)
● Weight: 0.47 oz. (13.2 g) – excluding battery
You can view the product specifications in the following table:
What's in the box?
The JET-μ came in a plastic box, this can be opened without cutting any plastic. Inside the box you can find spare o-rings, lanyard, instructions and a warranty card.
With the included lanyard, the Jetbeam JET-μ can hang safely from your bag and is not easy to lose.
The flashlight body material is manufactured from 6061 aerial aluminum alloy. It's anti-corrosion, solid and lightweight, with an easy grip that's comfortable on the hand. We tested the material and it was essentially scatch-resistant.
Insert one AAA battery to the flashlight, switch on it by fastening the head, or switch off by loosening.
Brightness can be changed from low, medium, high by turning the flashlight off and, within one second, on again.
After a brief test, we found that a NiMH battery lasts longer and the overall light output was higher than an alkaline battery.
With a high lumen CREE XP-G2 LED under the hood, with a much stronger beam throw, the light is ideal for daily use. However the flashlight head will become extremely hot after continuous use.
The JET-μ has three brightness levels, with a max output of 135 lumen. For the luminous effect shown in the pictures, I found the brightness difference between medium level and high level is not so pronounced.
The flashlight has a memory function: the next time the flashlight is turned on, it will be in the same mode as it was before being switched off.
I turned the JET-μ on and put it under running water, and it ran without any issues. After I turned it off and took out the battery, no water was found inside – this little flashlight really is waterproof!
The advantages and disadvantages of jet - μ are listed following：
● Nice workmanship, solid and not easily scratched
● Lightweight and portable with lanyard included
● Three brightness modes with memory function, you can choose what you need freely
● Accepts standard AAA batteries
● High brightness and pure aperture, no spot on the aperture
● Waterproof, JET-μ passed the IPX8 test, safe up to 2 meters underwater
● Poor heat sinking, the flashlight head will be euthermic after continuous use on high setting for several minutes
● The screw threads seems don’t close perfectly when battery inside
● The lanyard attracts dust easily
In conclusion, while the Jetbeam JET-μ does have some disadvantages, they are outweighed by the advantages. So for most users, they would be idea as a gift.
The price of this flashlight is now just $9.79, making this powerful flashlight both affordable and extremely practical.
It's now available on the GearBest shopping website at 30% OFF.
If you want it, it's time to make a decision and take action! Just click the following link and get it!
For the purpose of this article, some of the featured image(s) were sourced from the internet. For any issue, please contact us, and we will deal with the matter promptly.
2017-07-18By Felicity Rosa
2017-01-23By GB Blog Official
2017-04-20By Zim Watson
2017-12-29By Sophia Windsor
2018-03-09By GB Blog Official
2017-04-24By Ingrid Wilhelmina