Samsung Gear Fit and Galaxy Fit: solutions to the most common problems
By Felicity Rosa 2019-06-04 384 0
Before starting, we remind you that for the configuration and synchronization of your wearable you will necessarily need two applications: Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health. However, this only applies to those who own a Samsung device. If not, you will also need to install two additional components, the Gear Fit Plugin (choose the right one for your device) and the Samsung Accessory Service, without which it would be useless to have a portable device from the South Korean brand.
Displays incorrect date and time
Many people contact us pointing out that their Samsung almost never shows the correct date and time. Sometimes you may notice deviations of 30 minutes, while other times even more. The possible solution is very simple.
Go to the smartphone settings that your Samsung has been paired with via Bluetooth and disable the automatic date and time settings. Then enter the values manually. If the problem has not been resolved, we recommend that you unpair and repair the device to your smartphone or reboot both devices.
Automatic locking does not work properly
This problem is strongly present in Samsung's Gear Fit. Auto Lock is a feature that allows you to easily unlock your smartphone when it recognizes the presence of Gear Fit on your wrist and vice versa, blocks it when it no longer detects it. However, it seems that sometimes everything doesn't go as planned and the smartphone remains easily unlocked with a simple slide on the lock screen.
To solve it, we recommend that you follow these steps:
▪ Deactivate the Auto Lock function of your Gear Fit.
▪ Restart the Gear Fit by pressing and holding the power button for 7 seconds.
▪ Activate the automatic lock function again and follow the instructions on the screen.
Continuously restarts (bootloop)
Many users complain that their Gear Fit suffers from sudden or continuous restarts (so-called bootloops). We see a possible solution to this problem:
▪ Press and hold the power button.
▪ Don't leave the power button when the Samsung Gear Fit logo appears, wait for the Samsung logo to appear.
▪ Now you can release the power button.
▪ Press the power button once to select "Download Mode".
▪ Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.
▪ Once you enter the download mode, press and hold the power button for 7 seconds to restart Gear Fit and exit the start loop.
Gear Fit does not synchronize data
Gear Fit may not synchronize your physical activity data with the Samsung Health application. This problem is very common and mainly affects users who do not have a Samsung smartphone. Let's look at possible solutions:
▪ One possible cause could be that Gear Fit has not been selected as the primary device for data synchronization in the Samsung Health application. If so, open the application and go to the step count section. Click on the options button (three vertical points at the top right) and select Show data on the number of steps. On the screen that appears, select Settings.
▪ If you have not resolved the problem with this method, we recommend that you restart both Gear Fit (press and hold the power button for 7 seconds) and your smartphone.
▪ Check that the Samsung Health and Galaxy Wearable applications are up to date with the latest version available from the Play Store.
Gear Fit no longer lights up
If your Gear Fit is apparently dead and no longer turns on, don't panic. Follow these steps first:
Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds. If the device does not respond, continue with the next step.
Connect the Gear Fit to the power supply and let it charge for a few minutes. Try turning it on again using the procedure already mentioned in point 1.
If neither method has worked, it is time to contact Samsung Technical Support.
The time is not updated or is incorrect
Among the many errors and failures in Gear Fit it can also happen that the time is not updated, or that it provides completely incorrect information. Let's see how we can solve this problem:
▪ Make sure the location is enabled on your smartphone.
▪ Make sure the Galaxy Wearable application has permissions to access your location at Settings > Application > Galaxy Wearable > Permissions.
Gear Fit stops monitoring ongoing workouts
Many users complain that their Gear Fit suddenly stops recording physical activity in the middle of a workout. To do this, make sure you have the latest version of the Galaxy Wearable and Samsung Health applications available on the Play Store. Samsung has recently added an option called "Pause" that allows the device to recognize short training suspensions without interrupting monitoring.
|You may also want to read:|
|Redmi K20 rumored to launch as Xiaomi Mi 9T in Europe|
|Dell XPS 15 9580 (2019): specs, release date, price and features|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 4 and Mi Max 4 Pro: 48 Mp camera and other rumors|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2019-07-03By Joe Horner
2020-03-11By Gilberto Mcgaw
2018-11-19By GB Blog Official
2020-03-10By Katerine Tenny
2018-12-10By GB Blog Official
2020-03-27By Lydia Scott
Next article:Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro got Android 9 Pie update