Tips for buying the best GoPro Hero action cameras in 2019
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-09-09 577 0
What action camera should I buy in 2019? The most expensive model, the GoPro Hero 7 with 4K video recording at 60fps and live streaming? The cheapest GoPro Hero 5 Session? A GoPro Hero 6 from the previous generation?
New GoPro Hero 8
In mid-August some images were filtered with the new GoPro Hero 8 on the Photo Rumors website. It is supposed to go on sale in all probability in September 2019.
What are the new upgrades and features of GoPro Hero 8?
● New design with optional case
● It would have a microphone, LED light, rotary screen.
● GP2 Chip
● Capable of recording 4K video at 120 fps and Full HD video at 480 fps
● Lens and image quality have been improved
GoPro Hero 5 vs Hero 6
There's a big difference between the two chambers. The Hero 6 has a spectacular stabilization system. Stabilization on the Hero 5 is only available with a resolution of 2.7K, introducing 10% cropping into the image. However, for Hero 6, that improved stabilization is available in 24p 4K resolution with a 5% cut-off factor.
The color captured by both cameras is quite similar, but the dynamic range has been extended in Hero 6.
Some tips for GoPro Hero 5 and Hero 6 option
● The GoPro Hero 6 Black will be best used by action sports professionals (4K video recording at 60fps).
● The GoPro Hero 5 Session is a very good choice with great video quality in 4K and something cheaper.
● If you want touch screen you must buy the GoPro Hero 4 Silver or the GoPro Hero 5 Black
● If you want an "amateur" model, the GoPro Hero is your camera.
● Older versions will probably start to drop in price very quickly, so they can be a very good purchase option.
GoPro Hero 5 Black vs Hero 5 Session?
There doesn't seem to be one camera better than another: it depends a lot on your circumstances. The recording capabilities are very similar, but if the form factor is determinant (the Session is much smaller) and the Session has an integrated battery, this can be a problem for many (the Hero 5 Black has a removable battery). Evidently, the Black has better sound, has LCD screen and can record RAW files. It also has GPS. That's why it's worth 100 euros more.
● 2-inch touch screen
● Resistant and submersible up to 10 m
● Voice control
● Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
● Photos at 10MP
● Video at 1440p60 / 1080p60
In March 2018 the GoPro Hero was presented, with 10 MP for photos, video at 1080p, resistant and submersible up to 10m without housing, touch screen 2 inch, voice control, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. It's the cheapest model. There is no 4K slo-mo recording (maximum recording is 1440p60 / 1080p60). It doesn't have GPS. It has digital video stabilization and comes with an Ambarella chip.
It is clearly an attempt to attract the most reluctant to switch to the GoPro world. It's the cheapest model you'll ever be able to buy.
GoPro Hero 7 Black vs Hero 6 Black vs Hero 5 Black
In September 2018, GoPro presented 3 new camera models: GoPro Hero 7 Black, Silver and White, which are the most modern models we have available in 2019.
● GoPro Hero 7 Black: Weight: 118 grams; waterproof: 10m without casing; Video 4K up to 60 fps, 1080 up to 240 fps and 720 up to 240 fps (offers recording extras); Image resolution: 12MP; Battery life from 1 to 3 hours; 2 inch touch screen. The Hero 7 Black is the only GoPro model that offers the option of streaming the video you're recording live to platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and Vimeo... It's also the camera that offers HyperSmooth, a gimbal stabilization. It is the most advanced model and the most expensive.
● GoPro Hero 6 Black: Weight: 118 grams; waterproof: 10m without casing; Video 4K up to 60 fps, 1080 up to 240 fps and 720 up to 240 fps; Image resolution: 12MP; Battery life from 1 to 3 hours; touch screen 2″ The most advanced model of the previous generation and one of the most expensive.
Let's compare the main features of these three cameras:
● Processor: Hero 6 and Hero 7 have better processors than Hero 5, GP1. Improves image stabilization and quality.
● Stabilization: The Hero 6 has excellent stabilization, but has been greatly improved in the Hero 7. Hero 5 is the one with the worst stabilization.
● Video: The Hero 5 Black only offers the codec H.264 (MPEG-4), while the Hero 6 Black and the Hero 7 Black offer both H.264 and H.265 (HVEC). The Hero 5 Black offers videos at 240 fps and 720p, and 120fps at 1080p, the Hero 6 Black and the Hero 7 Black are capable of reaching 240fps with a resolution of 1080p. The latest model also has an 8x super slow motion option.
● WIFI: Hero 6 and Hero 7 include WIFI at 5GHz.
● Social connectivity: The Hero 7 Black is the only one to offer live streaming to the main social networks.
If you want to save some money, you must choose the models of previous generations, knowing that something new is going to be lost.
If you are a professional or you are going to shoot very demanding sports videos, the GoPro Hero 7 Black is the model to choose.
If you just want a GoPro for occasional use, consider using the new 2018 models, the Hero 7 Silver or White.
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-06-06By GB Blog Official
2020-04-02By Joe Horner
2019-08-09By Joe Horner
2018-09-14By GB Blog Official
2019-10-23By Joe Horner
2019-01-25By GB Blog Official
Prev article:Why is Tecno Mobile so popular in Africa?
Next article:Amazfit stratos 3 VS Amazfit GTR: How to Choose?