Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 review: What is the main upgrade?
By Sigismondo Eisenhower 2019-08-05 5248 0
Xiaomi Mi Gaming laptop 2019: design
In terms of appearance, Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 does not differ from the first generation. The design is the same minimalist, but still elegant and attractive. Like all laptops, the case has a rectangular shape with rounded edges. The laptop is available only in matte black.
As you know, most gaming laptops have different logos, stickers, backlighting or other visual effects. Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 has none of that.
However, a detail of any gaming laptop is still present in Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019: backlit keyboard. It has three modes.
The body of the new laptop is made of stainless steel. The thickness is 20.9 mm. Don't be surprised at the thickness, because all gaming laptops are quite thick and heavy.
The dimensions, by the way, are also impressive: 364 x 265 x 20.9 mm and weight 2.6 kilograms, Of course, it's hard to call it a portable device, but don't forget that it's a gaming laptop.
As we said, Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 has no logos or images on the cover. This is a smooth matte finish. A laptop can only be identified by the small Xiaomi logo below the screen.
Ports and connectors are located on the side and rear panels. On the right side is USB 3.0 port and SD card reader. On the left panel there are two USB 3.0 ports, headphones and microphone jacks.
USB-A, HDMI, Ethernet, USB-C connector and a charging port are located on the back of the laptop. Unlike Apple laptops, you can connect any additional device to your laptop and make the gaming experience even more fun.
By the way, on all three sides there are openings to cool the laptop during heavy play.
Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 rests on three rubber feet. They are quite tenacious, which is good for a laptop with a lot of weight. The bottom half of the panel is a grid with two fans to cool the laptop.
When starting heavy games or applications, Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 is best not to get down on your knees or on the sofa, because the fans absorb dust inside, which negatively affects performance. This laptop is designed for the workplace.
Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019: Screen
The three Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 laptop models have the same screen. This is 15.6 inch panel with Full HD resolution. The screen-body ratio is 81%, while the color gamut is 72%.
We think players will be delighted with the 144 Hz refresh rate. The colours are contrasting and clear, the viewing angles are excellent.
The bevels around the screen are noticeable, especially at the bottom. The webcam is located on the screen.
Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019: performance
Now let's discover the main differences between the three Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 gaming laptop models. The Chinese company launched a laptop in three versions with different hardware:
● The younger version works with the ninth generation Intel Core i5-9300H processor. The center frequency is 2.4 GHz, but increases to 4.1 GHz in Turbo Boost mode. The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. In addition, this version comes with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of internal memory.
● The previous version has a ninth generation Intel Core i7-9750H processor with a center frequency of 2.6 GHz and 4.5 GHz in Turbo Boost mode. The GPU is the same as the younger version: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. The RAM is much larger: 16 GB, while the integrated memory is the same: 512 GB.
● The top version of the new Xiaomi gaming laptop works with the same processor as the previous version: Intel Core i7-9750H with a central frequency of 2.6 GHz. However, the graphics processor is better: NVIDIA GeForce RTXTM 2060. In terms of memory, 16GB of RAM and 512GB of internal memory are available.
We're always happy when there's an option, and we can choose a gaming laptop depending on budget and specifications.
In all other respects, the versions of the Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 gaming laptop are identical. They all support dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0. The laptop runs Windows 10 Start.
At the bottom of the laptop there are two 3-watt Dolby Audio speakers.
As for the camera, it is standard for any other laptop: 1MP. This is enough for video calls on Skype or other social networks.
A few words about the battery. Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 is equipped with a 55 W battery. If you watch movies or just surf the Internet, the single charge is enough for about 4.5 hours Of course, during the game the battery runs out much faster.
It takes about 2 hours to fully charge the new Xiaomi laptop.
Laptop Xiaomi Mi Gaming 2019: price
As we said, the price of Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 depends on the version of the laptop, i.e. the processor and the amount of memory.
● The youngest model of Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 will cost $ 1800.
● The previous model will cost $ 1239.
● The price of the top model is $1278.
By the way, at this time only the top model of Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2019 is available for pre-order. If you are interested in a younger or older version, you should wait a bit. We are confident that they will soon go on sale in China as well as in Europe and the USA.
|You may also want to read:|
|Xiaomi announced a microwave oven with Wi-Fi and voice control|
|Xiaomi Mi A3 vs Xiaomi Mi A2: all changes and differences|
|HUAWEI Watch GT 46mm VS 42mm:Full Specs Comparison|
● Over 300,000 products
● 20 different categories
● 15 local warehosues
● Multiple top brands
● Global payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
● PayPal, Western Union and bank transfer are accepted
● Boleto Bancario via Ebanx (for Brazil)
● Unregistered air mail
● Registered air mail
● Priority line
● Expedited shipping
● 45 day money back guarantee
● 365 day free repair warranty
● 7 day Dead on Arrival guarantee (DOA)
2018-06-06By GB Blog Official
2019-07-03By Joe Horner
2020-04-02By Joe Horner
2019-09-20By Joe Horner
2019-06-20By Goraud Mazanec
2019-07-23By Joe Horner