20 things you need to know when shopping on GearBest
Have questions about ordering on GearBest? Here come the answers. We have put together 20 of your most frequently asked questions covering every step of the process from placing an order to shipping, tracking, exchanges & refunds, warranty policy, our warehouse locations and customer service and provided detailed answers to every single one of them.
|Placing an order|
|Shipping and delivery|
|Customer service issues|
Placing an order
1. Why doesn't my order have a tracking number?
Packages sent through Unregistered Air Mail do not have a tracking number. If you want to track your parcel, the best options are upgrading to Air Mail, Priority Line or Expedited Shipping.
2. How come the price of an item fell right after I placed my order?
At GearBest we work hard to ensure we can offer our customers high quality products at the lowest possible price. If you purchase a GearBest product and find that the price has dropped within 72 hours of paying the order, we will refund the difference - no questions asked. Simply contact our Customer Service team at our Support Center with the details. Please note that our 72-hour Price Protection Program does not apply to Flash Deal products.
3. How do I know if my order can get free shipping?
First, select the product/products you wish to purchase, then choose the destination country and the shipping method you want them shipped from. You will then have several delivery options to choose from (standard post, express, etc.). Check the pricing and delivery conditions for each method - certain locations are eligible for free shipping even when using registered air mail, priority line and expedited shipping.
Select the product/products you wish to purchase, then choose the destination country
Choose free shipping
4. How do I cancel my order?
Shipping and delivery
5. Will I need to pay extra tax?
If the warehouse from which your order is shipped is located in the country of destination, you won't need to pay taxes. If the warehouse is located in a different country, additional import duties may apply.
6. Why is my delivery taking so long?
If your delivery is taking longer than 25 business days after shipment, please consult Customer Service. You can also inquire at your local post office or the courier service you've used.
7. How do I deal with DOA (Dead On Arrival) products?
If the product you've ordered arrived damaged or is not working, you can return it for an exchange or refund within 3 days of its arrival. First, take a good picture or video of the product, illustrating the damage. Then, submit a ticket at the Support Center (Contact us - super support center - ticket, in the upper right corner) and get an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization). After that, you can proceed with returning the product and getting a return or exchange.
8. Why need to go to the PO box to check if my package has arrived?
If you have not received the package within 25 days of shipment, it may be waiting for you at the PO box. If your package was sent through Expedited Shipping, you should contact the courier company to check for updates.
9. What do I do of there are items missing in my package?
When your parcel has arrived, make sure to carefully check its contents before signing for the package. If you discover an item missing, please follow our warranty process step by step in order to avoid delays.
First, contact our Support Center with your order number and the product code (SKU number).Please send us a clear picture of the outer packaging, all shipping labels visible, and (if applicable) the item received.
Clear order number and product code
● If there is an item missing, we will resend the missing item/accessory for free within the warranty period.
● If you've been shipped the wrong item, we will either refund you in full or dispatch an alternative item (if applicable and available). GearBest will decide whether you need to return the wrong product or not and compensate the return shipping fee when we receive it.
10. What if I am not satisfied with the product.
The arrangement depends on the cause of your dissatisfaction.
● If the product you receive is damaged or not working properly (Dead on Arrival), please follow the warranty and return process and contact our Support Center for RMA (return merchandise authorization) within 3 days of the order being received. You will need to take a clear picture or video of the product to illustrate the damage and then send it back - GearBest will compensate the postage cost in the full amount.
● For most items, in the unlikely situation that your product is faulty, or you wish to return it for any other reason, you can send it back to us for a refund or item exchange within 45 days of receiving it. Return shipping reimbursement is not available in this case.
● Unless otherwise noted on the products page, the default product warranty is one year. So, should anything happen to the device as you are using it, you are eligible for free repair.
● In addition to the precautions above, we strongly advise you to take your time when making a purchase: go through the product's specifications, watch videos and read the reviews to make sure it is the right choice for you.
Find out more about GearBest Warranty and Return Policy here.
11. Where does the refund go?
GearBest Customer Service will get in touch with you and ask where you want your refund to be transferred. You can choose between having it sent to your GB Wallet (we offer GB points that are double the value of the original purchase price) or original account (PayPal, credit card, etc.).
Find out more on GearBest Warranty and Return Policy here.
12. How do I choose the warehouse?
The general rule is to choose the warehouse in the same country as you destination address, the closest one to you. This way, you will get your purchase quicker, avoid paying additional import duties and minimize the chance of the package getting damaged on long distance delivery. If there is no warehouse available in your country, choose the one in the nearest neighboring country.
13. Do I have to pay extra tax for warehouse?
You will only be charged additional import duties if the warehouse is located in a different country than the destination address. If the warehouse is located in the same country, no additional taxes will be charged.
14. Do you have a warehouse in my country?
GearBest has several permanent warehouses:
China, Shenzhen - ships to most countries in the world
Hong Kong (HK and HK-2, 2 warehouses) - ships to most countries in the world
UK, Birmingham (EU, UK and UK-2, 3 warehouses) -- ships to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
US, NYC, NY State, San Francisco, Los Angeles (US-LA, US-NY, US-NYC and US-SC, 4 warehouses) -- ships to the US
Spain, Alicante (ES warehouse) -- ships to Spain and Portugal
Spain, Toledo (ES-ED warehouse) -- ships to Spain
15. Why do I have to select the warehouse myself, is it not automatic?
We want to give you the option of choosing the warehouse yourself so that you can pick the most suitable option. You can compare the delivery time and pricing for several locations and make your decision.
Customer service issues
16. How do I find the Super Support Center?
You can find the Super Support Center by clicking this Live Chat button or under the "Contact Us" tab at GearBest.com.
Choose your type of query
Contact Us - Contact Support (double click)
Alternatively, you can find the buttons for Customer Support at the bottom of the product page.
17. I've written to Customer Service but they have not replied me.
We understand that your questions are urgent and our Customer Service replies to all inquiries within 24 hours. In the rare case that you do not receive a reply after 24 hours, please accept our apologies and re-submit your inquiry.
18. Why is Customer Service just "being nice" instead of solving my problem?
Local traditions dictate a specific code of conduct when answering customers. Taking care of the customer's emotions is seen as the key aspect of problem solving. Please be patient and rest assured that we are doing our best to fix the problem.
19. There is very little information on the Presale Page, no details of stock or ETA.
The Presale Page shows the standard shipping date. More information will be added within 24 hours.
20. Do my GB points expire?
Yes. You should use your GB points earned before November of the previous year by March 31st of the current year.
Please note: all returns must be first authorized by GearBest Support Team.
2016-11-24 By GB Blog Official
2017-01-04 By GB Blog Official
2017-02-05 By Zim Yang
2017-03-29 By Daniel Camilo
2016-10-25 By GB Blog Official
Prev article: GearBest app updated to V1.5/2.2: what’s new?
You might also like:
2017-04-25 By Ingrid Wilhelmina
2016-10-19 By GB Blog Official
2017-03-28 By Daniel Camilo