Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp vs. Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp (update version): What's difference?
In October, 2017, Xiaomi launched a new bedside lamp - Mijia Bedside Lamp, which, at first glance, seems identical to the previous version - Yeelight Bedside Lamp launched one year ago. So are there any differences between the two and which product should you opt for?
Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp vs. Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp: design
At first glance, the two bedside lamps are very similar to each other - at least when it comes to design (size, appearance, buttons, etc.), but some subtle changes can still be found if you take a closer look.
The first difference you'll spot instantly is the packaging. This may be nothing, but I found the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp easier to unbox.
Base colors also differ. The Yeelight Bedside Lamp comes with a silver-gray base while the Mijia Bedside Lamp features a golden one. At the front of the base you will see the lamps' distinct logos.
The first design advantage I spot is that the new Mijia Bedside Lamp does better on the details - namely, the power adaptor. Yeelight's power adaptor occupies much space on the socket, while Mijia's power adaptor is more space-saving and convenient to use.
Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp vs. Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp: performance
The most notable and welcome changing is the support of Wi-Fi connection on the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp. This change lets the Mijia Bedside Lamp be easily integrated into the Mi Smart Home ecosystem. For connectivity to other devices, the lamp also comes with Bluetooth.
However, on the original Yeelight Bedside Lamp, you will only find Bluetooth connection support.
Apart from the very welcome Wi-Fi connectivity update, the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp has kept all of the key functionality of the Yeelight Bedside Lamp, such as:
● Both lamps adopt high-quality CRI (Color Rendering Index) Osram LED chip and ABS sheathing material, which ensure the lamp working up to 20,000 hours. So feel free to keep the light on to your heart's content.
● The most attractive feature both lamps come with is the light performance. The Xiaomi Bedside Lamp is capable of perfectly showing a myriad of colored lights taking home lighting to whole new levels of imagination. With 16 million colors to choose from, the one thing both Xiaomi lamps are definitely good at is making your life incredibly colorful!
What's more, the 1700K - 6500K color temperature makes Xiaomi Bedside Lamp suitable not only for home lighting, but also can be easily used to create various ambiance scenarios: romantic, peaceful, festive and so forth.
● Another feature of the two Xiaomi's bedside lamp I am really fond of is the fun touch control. As you can see, there is a touch panel at the top of the lamp, and two control buttons - just waiting for your touch.
Press the Power Button to turn the lamp on and off; press the Mode Button to switch between various modes (reading light, colored light, color flow, etc.). Besides, you can move your finger around the top of the lamp to adjust the brightness level, and hold the Mode Button whilst moving your finger around the top of the lamp to set the color.
● Of course, like most of Xiaomi products, this Xiaomi's bedside lamps can be easily controlled via the Mi Home App. You just need to scan the QR code on the user manual to download the Mi Home App, and then every function of the bedside lamp can be conveniently controlled by your smartphone. For example, you will be able to turn the lamp on and off, set the color and brightness level; control the Color Flow mode by adjusting the brightness and flow speed, and more!
And - great news! The new Mijia Xiaomi Bedside Lamp will also be able to join your Mi Home ecosystem, making your life smarter and more convenient.
For instance, you can use the Xiaomi AI Speaker to enable voice control of the lamp. Or, pair the lamp with the Mi Smart Temperature and Humidity Sensor and the color temperature of the lamp will be automatically adjusted according to your room temperature. You can also connect the bedside lamp to your Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Smart Watch. The light color will become soft and even hypnotic when the Mi Band 2 detects that you are sleeping, and, finally, the lamp will automatically turn off when you are asleep. Now that's smart living!
How to pair Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp with Mi Home App?
If you want to control the Mijia Bedside Lamp through the Mi Home App, the installation is super easy and simple.
● The first step is to power on the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp, and then open Mi Home App on your smartphone (if you don't have the Mi Home App, you can scan the QR code on the user manual to download it).
● The Mi Home App will automatically detect the Mijia Bedside Lamp. Then, you can turn on Bluetooth and set up Wi-Fi according to the on-screen instructions. Once finished, you can control the bedside lamp via your smartphone: change hue and brightness, set up timers, set up smart home automation, set up sensors & switches to control the lamp and so on.
Note: If the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp is later connected to a new network, you will need to perform a factory reset. Just hold the Power Button and Mode Button at the same time until it displays the RGB colors (Red, Green, Blue) and automatically reboots. Then, the new Wi-Fi network will be available for your bedside lamp.
Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp vs. Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp: price
Finally, let's take a look at the price of the two Xiaomi bedside lamps on Gearbest. The new Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp comes at $49.99, while the original Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp sells at $44.2. The about $5 difference is a small price to pay for some welcome updates like Wi-Fi support and Mi Smart Home ecosystem integration on the Xiaomi Mijia Beside Lamp.
Compared with the original Xiaomi Yeelight Bedside Lamp, the new Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp has a finer design, new functionality and the same stellar performance. As a newly-coming member in the Mi Home ecosystem, the Xiaomi Mijia Bedside Lamp is another step forward in creating a smart home for us.
1 / 0
12 hours ago By GB Blog Official
6 days ago By GB Blog Official
2018-03-14 By GB Blog Official
You might also like:
2017-08-04 By Jocelyn Longoria
2017-04-24 By Ingrid Wilhelmina
2017-02-21 By GB Blog Official