Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter and firmware update

9 posts
  • André.Vinagre
  • Reviews: 2
  • Liked: 29
  • Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter and firmware update

by André.Vinagre

Hi! with this review, i want to demonstrate for you all, my experience with the Xiaomi Scooter M365.

The first impressions are very explicit like the video title says "Easy ride for all", it is very easy for anyone ride this electric scooter, I can even say that they have tried children of 9 years and adults of 60 years.

The center of gravity is very low, so it is very easy to balance and put your foot on the ground for any unforeseen.

As you can see in the video below, it was the second ride of my wife's on the scooter and she can already perfectly control the balance as like his speed.

When I received it, I needed some adjustments (brakes, screw tightening, tire pressure, some firmware and application updates in the app).

A small problem with a way to fill the tires, the adapter doesn't keeps the air in them interior, they end up filling slowly, but you need to buy a small adapter to work everything correctly.

he scooter was purchased with the purpose of making the path to the house - work (about 4.5 km).

Speaking now about the Xiaomi m365 it' s absolutely fantastic, a very good build quality so far with about 80km traveled and about 4 \ 5 chargings nothing wrong to point out in regards to quality of materials (it's still early I know ...).

Regarding the battery it actually charged in 4 \ 5 hours and so far it has been running about 20 kms in normal mode and at speed of + \ - 25km \ h.I left once the battery reach the 15% and by that time it is start to notice that it does not rise in the same way, I was really seeing that it would stop on a climb that with a load above 25% would go up without problems.

I still have to do the economic test to see how many miles I can do.

In terms of functionality, I am quite satisfied! The 40 minutes that took to make 4,5kms, I now take about 15 minutes, including the traffic lights, buses in the middle of the route, etc ...

I already bought some accessories that I will bring to the blog and make a brief review (second photo).

For now, it's all said! with time I will put more information ...

The Xiaomi has launched over the past few days a firmware update for the Xiaomi M365! We will see the news...

To begin the Xiaomi has updated the firmware version 1.3.1 to version 1.3.4.

One of the news more curious is the anti-theft system... yes, an anti-theft system!!! I imagine that after I have surprised a lot of people over the time that i walk with the Xiaomi M365, with its capabilities and funcionalities, i think i'll go back to amaze.

The anti-theft system is activated by the phone application (as you can see in the pictures) simply drag the image to the left you see a padlock.The result of this function is active is the scooter completely block, first if someone moves the Xiaomi M365 it will begin to whistle and activates the lock of the front wheel (switches to mode of energy production, and the engine in the wheel stays more stuck), the acceleration button don´t work, if you try to ride in it the xiaomi m365 not going to do anything.

Also, if you have paired with the smarthphone, he will begin to give alarms on your phone and vibrate, amazing isn't !?!

In this case The Xiaomi M365 weigh 12kg and who want to steal, takes it simply...

The second new feature is being able to have the back light always on without the need of having the front light on, don't know what will be the purpose of this option but certainly those who put, thought about something.

Otherwise, I did not see anything new, I do not know if there will be anything different in the performance of the scooter or if there is any improvement in the production of energy through your motor (brush) for your batteries. Now, with the passage of kilometers is a situation that I will check

Well now a little of my experience with the Xiaomi M365 ...

There are already 190 kilometers of mixed floors, as like portuguese walks, bike paths, tar road, holes, etc... now my daily route is about 4 km to each side that I do in about 15 minutes, before i used to do in 40 minutes.

Regarding to the equipment nothing else have to point because continue impeccable, the batteries continue with the behavior of like as new, straight roads at 25 km / h, going down the streets a 27 km / h and reasonable climbs at 18 \ 20 km \ h.

I have already acquired a rigid tire to test, from what  i have seen on the internet, the holes in the tires are frequent, i never have had this experience but I have already be in caution.

What I have to point out after having dismantled some equipment out of curiosity, the steering bearings will not resist for the whole life of the scooter, the small ascents of the bike paths (difference to the road) as well as holes, rides, etc ... will eventually leave the bearings ovalized because there is no shock absorber or spring protection, certainly a point to be reviewed in a possible upgrade of the model.

But this is nothing that can not be solved, the bearings are conical and them replacement is easy, if there is any problem is just replace, nothing serious.

I already have had to adjust the brakes but a deeper adjustment, but not only in the brake cable tensioner but also in the inner block since the braking of the Xiaomi M365 is not good, this tuning of the inner shim is something that I believe that many people do not know that it is necessary to arrange

In the photo below you can see what I'm talking about:

Some added accessories, a stand for the phone and a bag where I carrying the charger and other little things.

• Thu Sep 07, 2017
    #1 2 Unlike Reply
  • Keeferes
  • Reviews: 3
  • Liked: 4
  • deckard
  • Reviews: 8
  • Liked: 9
  • Robby Quik
  • Reviews: 1
  • Liked: 5
  • Nicolaos
  • Reviews: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • André.Vinagre
  • Reviews: 2
  • Liked: 29
  • Re: Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter and firmware update

by alex***@gmail.com

Nice review. I just buy it (I come from France, always some late with foreign products) and I love it. people in France just discovered this type of electric scooter, unicycles are more popular for our cities with small sidewalks, but I think electric scooterslike this Xiaomi is a perfect way for people who don't want to learn how to practice electric unicycles.

I was also a little surprised that there are no dampers, I hope the next models will have. In the meantime, given the price, it's a good opportunity.

Gyropodus

• Passionné de véhicules électriques. Journaliste - freelance web.

Gyropodus

• Tue Jul 17, 2018
    #7 Like Unlike Reply
  • dakol yt
  • Liked: 1
  • dakol yt
  • Liked: 1
9 posts